Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update to 2022.44.2 or wait for 2022.44.5 (holiday update)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a service visit, I got the notification to install 2022.44.2 (which is strange because it is the version I already have installed). Anyway, I am wondering if I should install this or wait for the 2022.44.5 holiday update? Meaning if I update it now, will it take longer before I receive the holiday update? Or does it even make a difference. Any thoughts?

Why would you get notification to install same version you already have? Maybe it’s 44.2.x?
I also have 44.2 and wondered if that IS the holiday update. Seems to have many of the reported features that the holiday update is supposed to have.

Why would you get notification to install same version you already have? Maybe it’s 44.2.x?
I also have 44.2 and wondered if that IS the holiday update. Seems to have many of the reported features that the holiday update is supposed to have.

Yeah, I don't know why it would be the same version. It downloaded while I was at the Service center, and the release notes don't say much. Maybe you're right and what's shown as 44.2 is actually 44.2x, where x is "5".

I think you would know if you had the holiday update which came out 3 days ago. Do you now have Apple Music? Or any of the many new features here?

Reactions: Occhis
The software installation procedure programs all the processors in the car. So if the service center replaced any of them, you need this. E.g. temp and humidity sensors in the rear view mirror module won't function properly without this.
Ah, makes sense. They replaced the pillar with the side camera. Also, I did get the holiday update, like 4 hours later.

Reactions: Transformer