Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update to 2022.44.30 reset all settings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a notification for my Model 3 that this update was available earlier today, so installed it. Went to preheat the car and the mobile app told me that Mobile Access was not enabled. Got in the car and all of the settings are wiped, even got the "Welcome to v11" splash screen.

The map was initially set to Tesla's HQ, everything has reset and it looks like it's forgotten some keys as well. I usually don't mind this sort of thing but the child and window locks were reset, and I was on my way to pick up my kid from daycare—glad I checked.

My driver profile is a cloud one so it downloaded, and the car did remember Wi-Fi passwords. But otherwise every setting has reset. Lost all my saved map locations, home and work have cleared.

Anyone else had this issue on the latest update?

Yeah, not specific to a single update, but it seems to be happening a large amount the last few months (but was quite rare before then). So probably a specific low-level change rolled out a few months ago (remember, all updates are cumulative). Is it a bug or some error checking suddenly correcting some corrupted profiles? We have no idea.

Reactions: jordanmerrick
Same here. Scheduled update to 2023.2.10 on our 2018 Model 3 LR.
This morning we found all our profiles and settings wiped out. Car time was messed up. Car name and mileage not showing up. Navigation got messed up and throwing errors. I tried to restart which did not make any difference. Had to manually re-add drivers and reconnect phones associated with this car. Also, had to reconfigure Homelink.
At this point I’m still not confident that something else is not broken. Super disappointing…

Attachments

• F64F8E27-7ED3-4F1D-BCD9-0DFBF9382849.jpeg
    F64F8E27-7ED3-4F1D-BCD9-0DFBF9382849.jpeg
    739.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 5F005188-C50E-4780-91FA-15C167AE07B3.jpeg
    5F005188-C50E-4780-91FA-15C167AE07B3.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 9772EBBD-C67A-4E00-8C38-65A65EAD51FD.jpeg
    9772EBBD-C67A-4E00-8C38-65A65EAD51FD.jpeg
    415.7 KB · Views: 71
This has now happened to me twice in about 3 months. No update today and I am on 2022.44.30.10. The left side of the screen with the FSD visuals was just black so I did a soft reboot while driving (both wheels). It did the normal reboot in about 1 minute and everything is gone. Super difficult with my garage door openers, saved locations, etc. I am so upset right now. I have my cloud profile, but am not exactly sure how to reconnect that. I had 5 other drivers with their own settings, but not cloud profile. Guessing they are all lost too? Massive PITA. I am losing faith to put things back in if this is just going to keep happening.

Now that I've lost all settings after a recent reboot, I came across these types posts. Has this been a recurring issue or has it only started happening with recent software versions? I've had the M3 for about 3 years and have not had this until now (have done a few reboots over the years).

2018 2023.2.10 here. My phone was weirdly disconnected from the car, and when I restarted the MCU, everything was gone. Factory reset, nothing saved. I was using my trip meter as a way to measure efficiency over the year so I'm pissed.

Lost all my homelink stuff, all configs gone, and got that stupid welcome to v11 screen.

Updated to 2022.44.30 last night
Lost all safety measures ie cruise control , brake and steer assist , auto steer, brake assist you name it
Radio / entertainment sound intermittent and car light lots randomly flashing while driving
Nightmare
Have been in touch with Tesla service awaiting advice .