Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update to Ver 9 - breaks things - 2018.39.6 8377b4d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Ver. 9 update on 10/5. Once I got the USB drive formatted to FAT32, dashcam function worked fine. I was even somewhat impressed with the quality of the video!

This morning, got notification of software update.

Downloaded.
Now at 2018.39.6 8377b4d

Dashcam is NOT working.
Icon is there, but instead of red dot (indicating recording), there's a grey x.
Tapping on the icon does nothing.
I also noticed that the nav map does not zoom in on local roads like it used to.

The update broke things!
Anyone else having similar issues?

An observation: The FINAL nag that shuts down AP sometimes occurs during first audible warning beep. Very annoying as I drive with my hands on the wheel and don't have time to torque the wheel once beep occurs. Not always, just sometimes. Also, in the old AP1 I often found that when charging to 20% when on a trip, the % would drop 5% or so when I continue the trip. Now it seems the opposite. If I charge to 20%, it pops up to 23-24% once underway. A better problem, but still.

Follow-up...
Just for the heck of it, removed USB drive. Plugged into computer. Dashcam files were there, even though icon on screen did not show recording.
I reformatted the USB drive again to FAT32...added the TeslaCam folder...and it seems to be working again.
Hummmm.....

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Did you reboot after the update? I always reboot (preferably cold reboot) after installing an update.

And I think you might want to pull the Dashcam USB drive before rebooting. At least TeslaTap says a bootable drive can cause issues. So I am pulling the DashCam drive even though mine is not bootable.

Yes...I always power cycle the car after a software update. I tried rebooting the screens, too...still nothing.
But I did NOT removed the USB drive before the reboot. As stated above, taking out the drive and reformatting seems to have fix things.
It's weird to note: even though files were being recorded, the dashcam icon had a grey x on it...no red (recording) icon.
Lesson learned....?