Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update went away, maps not updated notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm on 2018.32.2, and earlier this week, I got a notification that an update was available. I chose not to install it and was planning on waiting until this weekend. Tonight, when I got home, I don't recall seeing the "install me" screen that pops up when an update is ready, but I was in a hurry, so I might have missed it. Later, I went out to the car to plug it in, and thought I'd kick off the update.

I sat it in, and I didn't see the clock/alarm icon in the upper right corner than would let me choose an update. So I thought I'd put it in gear and park it, because usually when you put it in park, it prompts about an update. As soon as I put it in gear, I got a popup that told me navigation maps need to be updated, but they are only updated on WiFi (I've never connected it to WiFi).

1. Pending update went away - is it possible that whatever update was downloaded is one that Tesla has now pulled due to some issues? Seems the only thing I can expect.

2. Navigation maps - I have lifetime Premium LTE because I ordered Jun 27. It should download maps and updates via LTE, right? Or are map updates always over WiFi regardless of premium LTE?

Same here, except I didn't receive a software update notification. Simply the message this morning saying navigation maps need to be updated, but it only updated on WiFi (I am on wifi all thr.time when parked home)
I had the same notification today. I'm constantly connected to wifi and even confirmed it was connected when I got the message. I updated to 2018.34 several days ago. I'm wondering if it was just an erroneous message? I tried calling Tesla support but the hold time was "Greater than 1 hour!" with no option for a call back. Insane.

I haven't seen the "maps not updated" notification since that one time, so I don't know how often it would fire if it's really out of date. I connected to WiFi tonight, but haven't yet been told via my phone that a new update is available or anything, so I guess I'll just keep waiting to see what happens.

Friends, after the last software update last week via WiFi I really need your help. I have been in Greece for a week, hoping the update would finish while I was gone, the car was plugged into the charger, 220V, 8Amp. Yesterday I came back and found out that the screen is black. A note behind the steering wheel: call the service station. they told me: The update went wrong. I need to do a reset: press both little scoll wheels on the steering wheel at once and the software will reset, pressing the brake at the same time will reset to factory settings. I did all that: Nothing happened, except a notice to unlock the car, or unplug it. The screen stayed black, and the stick shift does not work. It is stuck in Park position. The doors and the dome lights work, charge port is blue. German road side assistence told me to contact the nearest service station, which is in Hamburg, 120km North, on monday. I might have to get my car there physically, by a towing company on my expense, although I did not request a software update. Tesla forced it onto my car! I could borrow a car trailer from a friend, but how to get a Tesla with the brakes in park onto it. It cannot get lifted either cause its in my car port, under a roof. HELP HELP HELP. Thtere is no connection to the car via the Tesla app either. Anyone any idea?

Friends, after the last software update last week via WiFi I really need your help. I have been in Greece for a week, hoping the update would finish while I was gone, the car was plugged into the charger, 220V, 8Amp. Yesterday I came back and found out that the screen is black. A note behind the steering wheel: call the service station. they told me: The update went wrong. I need to do a reset: press both little scoll wheels on the steering wheel at once and the software will reset, pressing the brake at the same time will reset to factory settings. I did all that: Nothing happened, except a notice to unlock the car, or unplug it. The screen stayed black, and the stick shift does not work. It is stuck in Park position. The doors and the dome lights work, charge port is blue. German road side assistence told me to contact the nearest service station, which is in Hamburg, 120km North, on monday. I might have to get my car there physically, by a towing company on my expense, although I did not request a software update. Tesla forced it onto my car! I could borrow a car trailer from a friend, but how to get a Tesla with the brakes in park onto it. It cannot get lifted either cause its in my car port, under a roof. HELP HELP HELP. Thtere is no connection to the car via the Tesla app either. Anyone any idea?

Can the Tesla service guys come out to you? If not, you may need to bring it in like you said.

That's what we get really for having a car just like an ipad. if something goes wrong software wise or bug wise, then you are pretty much dead and need to bring it in. Sorry to hear.

• Disagree
Reactions: outdoors