Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated 0-60 performance on new inventory MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently took delivery of MX75D from new inventory and found out (from the laminated config/price sheet inside the car) that it was manufactured in May 2017.

When I ordered it, I specifically asked about the 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, and whether the inventory vehicle could do it (i.e. is it limited by its hardware/drive unit). I asked about the car's production date so that I could check if it was July 2017 or later. But my Owner Advisor said she couldn't see the actual date in the computer system. When I pressed her further about it, she went to check with her manager and came back saying that all inventory vehicles would get the new 0-60 in 4.9 seconds performance update OTA eventually but that some would get it sooner than others.

I'm not so sure I received correct information or not. Has anyone who purchased a new inventory MX recently confirm if they are able to get the better 0-60 performance?

P.S. I was perfectly fine with doing a new custom order and waiting for my car, but the same Owner Advisor told me that I could only get the 0.99% financing if I took delivery before September 2017. And of course, now that Sept has rolled around the 0.99% is still there! So I'm wondering whether I was misled on both the 0-60 performance update and the financing :(

Thax,
I believe the 0.99% financing is for vehicle taking delivery before October. I have emails from my Tesla financial person and DS stated so.
As far as increase in performance for old vehicle, I have seen mixed information. However, you will not get the updated hardware, such as AP2.5.

I see Tesla is still playing the quarter end games... FYI, earlier this year when the financing rate was at 1.99%, they were also telling people that would only last up to 2nd quarter end. Of course the rate then went down to 0.99%...

That financing is through Alliant Credit Union, not actually Tesla. Trust me in saying they will still have 1.99 or 1.49 for some time to come. Technically you join the credit union (put $5 in a savings account) and then the loan is made. Very easy/great company to work with though I'd say.

Reactions: boaterva
No, what is that? I did try flooring the pedal from full stop a few times last week and from just watching the speedometer and counting out loud, it was much closer to 6 seconds than 5 seconds.

Download from App Store iOS. Link to my tesla account. Run 0-60 timer. It will give you time and power output.

PowerTools

Download from App Store iOS. Link to my tesla account. Run 0-60 timer. It will give you time and power output.

PowerTools
"PowerTools for Tesla" ($9.99) hasn't been updated since Aug 28, 2015, and may have been built with 32-bit binaries. If so, then it won't likely work after the next iOS upgrade

You can try "Stats: for Model S/X cars" ($13.99) that seems to do the same thing and last updated July 5, 2017. From the screenshots, it looks like a more modern design and does the same thing, and then some. Would like to hear a review of this app if anyone gets it.

"PowerTools for Tesla" ($9.99) hasn't been updated since Aug 28, 2015, and may have been built with 32-bit binaries. If so, then it won't likely work after the next iOS upgrade

You can try "Stats: for Model S/X cars" ($13.99) that seems to do the same thing and last updated July 5, 2017. From the screenshots, it looks like a more modern design and does the same thing, and then some. Would like to hear a review of this app if anyone gets it.

Thanks for the info on the "Stats" app which I had not seen before. However from the description and screenshots, it doesn't seem to be using the streaming API data required for 0-60 timing runs. Can you confirm it does this (or why you think it does)? I also wrote to the developer for clarification.

Thanks for the info on the "Stats" app which I had not seen before. However from the description and screenshots, it doesn't seem to be using the streaming API data required for 0-60 timing runs. Can you confirm it does this (or why you think it does)? I also wrote to the developer for clarification.
Sorry, I think you may be right. I was tracking so many different features, that I think I may have forgotten about that one.

For the Alliant loan: Tesla Car Loans from Alliant
Still says ends September 30, but wait until October 1 and see what it says :D

Alliant super easy to work with, closed my loan late last week, and didn't have to give them anything but DL and two pay stubs (YMMV, of course, based on FICO...). I even applied before placing the car order to be sure they wouldn't be any issues, and no problem with it being more than the normal 30 days from delivery.

On the iOS apps, anything that isn't 64 bit will die when you upgrade to iOS 11, and they all warn now under iOS 10. Developers have been warned about this for months, so any dev not updating their app is probably not caring at all. :(

I am exactly in similar position as OP, got a order placed for inventory vehicle, it states 0-60 in six seconds, I asked my OA , he states I will get the speed upgrade as software update, he also said I will get the Autopilot 2.5 hw upgrade if the 2.0 is not good enough for FSD.
I want to order custom but got lured in with 5000 price adjustment and 0.99% interest rate

I am exactly in similar position as OP, got a order placed for inventory vehicle, it states 0-60 in six seconds, I asked my OA , he states I will get the speed upgrade as software update, he also said I will get the Autopilot 2.5 hw upgrade if the 2.0 is not good enough for FSD.
I want to order custom but got lured in with 5000 price adjustment and 0.99% interest rate

When was your vehicle made?