Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

updated Ludicrous+ button isn’t correct

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8B0CFF6F-D7B1-4624-942A-B16299229FDE.jpeg
BE464F24-EDD2-4B21-A0DA-4A4565C1C594.jpeg
3EDBF053-9C05-4F6B-9C85-859FECAE4B6B.jpeg
Anyone noticed that the new Ludicrous+ button added with the recent software update does not heat up the battery all the way like using the old option going through the light speed pathway?
When using the Ludicrous+ button, the battery warmed up some, and the screen consequently showed Max Battery was “Ready!” (first pic shows this).
However, I then enagaged Ludicrous Plus using the old pathway with the light speed animation, and the Driving screen changed and showed that the battery still needed 10 mins to heat up, and sure enough the dash energy graph with the pink line showed that it was not to the 50degrees level yet (second pic)
So I let it heat up all the way, and then the dash changed (transparent car showing the 2 motors and the Power levels graph—third pic) and I remembered that those changes hadn’t happened either when the new Ludicrous+ button was used.
So what gives with this???

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
It is just a change in nomenclature. The new ludicrous + tab is the old ludicrous with max battery. When you select the Easter egg ludicrous, then it will be the old “ludicrous +” with extra~10 min to warm battery.

It is just a change in nomenclature. The new ludicrous + tab is the old ludicrous with max battery. When you select the Easter egg ludicrous, then it will be the old “ludicrous +” with extra~10 min to warm battery.
OK that would make sense then, although I never knew that there was a difference in the past between the two. Why though would this new button say Ludicrous +? Just weird all together

Yes, there is an order of acceleration. Previously: ludicrous—> ludicrous with Max battery—> ludicrous plus (Easter egg). I think they created the ludicrous plus tab to make it easier to select compare to the smaller font Max Battery tab previously. But it does now create confusion as the Easter egg can’t be refer as ludicrous plus anymore. I hope this isn’t a sign of Tesla eventually removing the Easter egg to save wear and tear on power train.

Honestly though, I don’t think there’s any real world significant difference between Ludicrous with Max Battery and Ludicrous Plus with Max Battery; and yes, you can use Launch Mode in both
Tesla sure has managed to make all of that confusing though. The new Ludicrous+ button is stupid because it’s not even Ludicrous Plus since the Easter egg is still the only way to get that!

Honestly though, I don’t think there’s any real world significant difference between Ludicrous with Max Battery and Ludicrous Plus with Max Battery; and yes, you can use Launch Mode in both
Tesla sure has managed to make all of that confusing though. The new Ludicrous+ button is stupid because it’s not even Ludicrous Plus since the Easter egg is still the only way to get that!
No Launch Mode with P85's and P90's without Max Battery Power.

This is all a bit confusing because I’m not sure what we are calling the Easter egg vs the toggle. There is absolutely a large difference between Ludicrous Plus (Easter egg) with max battery and Ludicrous with max battery.

If we are referring to the new toggle of Ludicrous+ with max battery vs the old Ludicrous with max battery. There is currently a difference, but there shouldn’t be. Ludicrous+(toggle) should be Ludicrous and max battery in one quick button, but it currently is broken and does not enable max battery. I believe I read somewhere that Tesla is aware and working on fixing it in an upcoming version.

Max battery needs to be turned on to use launch mode, and since the current upgrade broke that function many cars are currently unable to use launch mode.

Yes the new button does not do what most expect it to do. You should be able to switch the slider to L+ and the prompt for (Yes bring it on or no I want my mommy) should appear and when selecting YES it should automatically initiate Max Battery and get the Purple band in the Energy Graph and Motor view of the car.

Right now you toggle L+ and it prompts Max Battery, and you still need to press and hold L+ (or use the EE menu) to activate true L+ Mode.

Reactions: SBDPlaid
I just got the update changing from "enable max battery power" with Ludi (+easter egg). to Ludi+ option.
Holding in either Ludicrous or Ludicrous+ does nothing anymore, and I do not get any "heating" or "ready" message. No text at all. And the heater /cooler fan in the front is never running anymore..

So yes, seems like the heater feature is broken for at least my P90DL ( late 2016, facelift, AP1 )
And because of it, I cannot activate launch mode anymore.. ( I have also tried activating the easter egg from the menu. does nothing but showing the stars.. )

This really sucks.

I just got the update changing from "enable max battery power" with Ludi (+easter egg). to Ludi+ option.
Holding in either Ludicrous or Ludicrous+ does nothing anymore, and I do not get any "heating" or "ready" message. No text at all. And the heater /cooler fan in the front is never running anymore..

So yes, seems like the heater feature is broken for at least my P90DL ( late 2016, facelift, AP1 )
And because of it, I cannot activate launch mode anymore.. ( I have also tried activating the easter egg from the menu. does nothing but showing the stars.. )

This really sucks.
Yes, unfortunately it's affecting all P90DL owners with this new update.