Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated mobile app - charging locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know the charging section was changed/removed with the recent app update but really miss the “local charging stations” information.

(Embarrassed to add…I looked through entire app but couldn’t find this location information, it’s gone, right?)

Has anyone heard or read if this is a temporary situation? Any plans to build it back in?
I found it convenient to plan driving when not in the car. I have ABRP app but the simple presentation of the locations was great.
thanks

I really hope they build out this part of the app. It’s definitely lacking the most info, when charging the car is essentially the most important factor when on the road. The least it could do is show me superchargers within a 50 mile radius.

Yeah, there's also sorts of things they could do right within the framework of available data:

• Map with charging location / status (implemented in the new 4.0)
  • Table based list of chargers/status in X radius (as was available in 3.x)
  • Notification triggers for chargers Y distance, like where you may have planned a different stop, but the convenience, status, change of mind would make an alternative better
  • Predictive charging suggestions based on use pattern / use config - I've always felt like they should have some kind of web based dashboard where you could review use, costs, etc., run some analytics (I understand a number of 3rd party apps do this pretty well)

I'm a software dev/architect, so some of this is extra frustrating since I know it's not an issue of [complex] implementation, it's specific design decisions.