TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Updated Model S at Dedham

Discussion in 'New England' started by David29, Apr 30, 2016.

1. David29

David29 Member

Spotted an updated Model S at the Dedham store today when i went there for a charge.
    It was out back of the building, not yet in display. But I assume it will be a store model, either for display of for test drives. It was multicoat red, but I am sorry, i did not note what battery/drivetrain model it was.
    But my guess is that it will be in the showroom soon...
    It looked about like I expected, from what the photos have shown. So, not better or worse than I expected. (I still like my own Model S with the original black nose cone.) But it was parked up against the back wall of the shop, so I could not get much of a perspective on the front end.
    Note that Bjorn Nyland ("Tesla Bjorn") has a nice pair of videos with details of the facelifted Model S.

2. theLuggage

theLuggage Member

Cool. May have to head over there soon and see if I can see it. I was at the Natick Mall last week and saw a Titanium Model X charging there. It had California plates, so I assume it was a test drive vehicle. Didn't have time to ask someone from the store if they could demo the falcon doors. And it was gone when I was done with my errand.

3. David29

David29 Member

Not sure if I already posted this, but the Dedham store has a Model X in the showroom now, too.

Curiously (at least it seemed curious to me), it is marked as a "Signature" edition.

4. mikevbf

mikevbf Member

I saw an updated Model S and an X in the Prudential Building showroom/store this last weekend. The Model X in the showroom is a 7 seater, but they have a founders edition Model X 6 seater for test drives too -- a nice opportunity to compare the two seating configurations.

5. Brass Guy

Brass Guy Member

I got to the Dedham store just as they were closing Saturday night. Even to the surprise of the service people still there, the X was no longer in the showroom.

6. David29

David29 Member

I noticed that, too, when I drove by on Sunday afternoon. Maybe they took it out for test drives during the Sunday coffee klatch event...?

7. Jurnimon

Jurnimon Member

Howdy!

I demoed those Falcon wing doors and took video of that MX in Natick. I was told that MX charging at Natick is one with the faulty rear seats. They told me they cannot take it out for test drives until it is fixed. I was able to go to Dedham for a test drive. It was everything I thought it would be! There are several MX's in Dedham of all stripes. I was contemplating the Blue over the Grey but decided on the grey after seeing both in person at Dedham There is also a Signature White/Ultra White in Dedham that was not purchased so they use it for a fleet car. I was able to see the Ultra White Seats in person and chose that option as well.

8. David29

David29 Member

Found out this AM that the updated/facelift Model S I saw at Dedham was shipped to the Natick Mall store. But Dedham has another one freshly delivered and that one may end up in the showroom...

• Like x 1
  9. David29

David29 Member

When I drove by te Dedham store today, there was a "facelift" Model S in the showroom -- finally. It may have been there for a few days, as I have not been past the store since about a week ago.

10. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

There's also an updated S at the Natick store...