Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated Order from Y LR to Y P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Original order placed for Model Y Long Range White/Black/Induction/Tow on Feb 20, 2022 and just updated to a Y Performance on July 07 with original order date pricing.

Delivery date just updated today to the below July 16-30. From others who have changed their orders from LR to P, how realistic is this?

504F1F0F-BCED-4E4D-A048-A382800D2C9D.jpeg

OD March 5th
Original Order MYLR 7 White/Black Int, No tow, No FSD, Uber.

Swapped to MYP on 6/29, white No FSD no tow. Got a change after 24 hours to EDD July 5th - July 16th. July 6th, EDD changed to July 16th - July 30th. Hoping this one sticks. Installed my charger and found a decent loan and prepped my other vehicle for trade in. My new SA, said I should be getting a vin soon. But that’s just a statement.

Reactions: Bridge
OD March 5th
Original Order MYLR 7 White/Black Int, No tow, No FSD, Uber.

Swapped to MYP on 6/29, white No FSD no tow. Got a change after 24 hours to EDD July 5th - July 16th. July 6th, EDD changed to July 16th - July 30th. Hoping this one sticks. Installed my charger and found a decent loan and prepped my other vehicle for trade in. My new SA, said I should be getting a vin soon. But that’s just a statement.
what was the original EDD?

not OD, what was original delivery date? I wanted to see how much it helps. I order MYLR on 3/12/22 and right now it's got a Nov-Jan1 EDD. wonder what the new date would be.
Oh my bad. Initially it was August, then moved to September two weeks after delivery. Then moved Oct 26th - Dec 20th. I feel like others have seen another date shift since I changed my order. But what the average has been, 7-9 months with outliers of longer so we decided to change.

When you change to another config I assume that you are placed at the end of the line?
No, you are not. Unless you change to a totally different model like a Model 3.

MYLR to MYP changes get treated like they ordered a MYP the same date as they ordered their MYLR. So if 3 months have past you usually get a MYP VIN very fast...some within a day or so...others a week or two.

If you switch options on your MYLR or MYP your EDD may change a little but you aren't at the back of the line. When I switched from MSM to Blue my order went from a no option order to an optioned order and my EDD improved by 3-4 months...which is the main reason I did it.

No, you are not. Unless you change to a totally different model like a Model 3.

MYLR to MYP changes get treated like they ordered a MYP the same date as they ordered their MYLR. So if 3 months have past you usually get a MYP VIN very fast...some within a day or so...others a week or two.

If you switch options on your MYLR or MYP your EDD may change a little but you aren't at the back of the line. When I switched from MSM to Blue my order went from a no option order to an optioned order and my EDD improved by 3-4 months...which is the main reason I did it.

Awesome and this is similar to my scenario. I would be keeping all of my selections just potentially changing from a MYLR to MYP.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!