Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated Solar/Powerwall Contract

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All - I was just given new pricing for my system....Is this competitive? I have delayed signing my contract and was just given a 10% discount. Here are the numbers (Installation in Denver, CO).

System: 8.19 KW
Solar Panels: $20,475.00
1 Powerwall: $11,200.40
Tax and Install: included
Deposit:-$99
Solar Powerwall bundling discount: -$3,167.50
Total: $28,408.90

Appreciate all feedback as to the "quality" of this deal.

All - I was just given new pricing for my system....Is this competitive? I have delayed signing my contract and was just given a 10% discount. Here are the numbers (Installation in Denver, CO).

System: 8.19 KW
Solar Panels: $20,475.00
1 Powerwall: $11,200.40
Tax and Install: included
Deposit:-$99
Solar Powerwall bundling discount: -$3,167.50
Total: $28,408.90

Appreciate all feedback as to the "quality" of this deal.
I forgot to mention the hardware: Hanwha 315W premium black panels and SolarEdge inverter

Isn't this the new pricing structure anyway? Wasn't sure if Tesla offered discounts on individual contracts (if pursued by owners) as opposed to across the board for all.
Their new pricing is lower than what it was a few weeks ago.
Older solar only price:
Small 3.8kW $10,773
Medium 7.6kW $21,546
Large 11.4kW $32,319

Older Solar + Powerwall price:
Small 3.8kW + 1 PW $21,373
etc

New 10% discount price is on these old prices.
Please correct me if inaccurate because otherwise I too can push back my contract signing and ask for a 10% discount. I'm waiting for final contract pricing for 23kW +4 PW system.

Last edited:
Isn't this the new pricing structure anyway? Wasn't sure if Tesla offered discounts on individual contracts (if pursued by owners) as opposed to across the board for all.
Their new pricing is lower than what it was a few weeks ago.
Older solar only price:
Small 3.8kW $10,773
Medium 7.6kW $21,546
Large 11.4kW $32,319

Older Solar + Powerwall price:
Small 3.8kW + 1 PW $21,373
etc

New 10% discount price is on these old prices.
Please correct me if inaccurate because otherwise I too can push back my contract signing and ask for a 10% discount. I'm waiting for final contract pricing for 23kW +4 PW system.
I'm not sure if this is their standard pricing....that's why I'm asking to see what others are paying or contracting at.

4D8B1278-4FDF-4606-85DE-CD659732D888.jpeg
The powerwall price seems a bit high, but if it’s Tesla, you can’t negotiate. I’d suggest looking at local companies- we just got a great deal on the Sunpower panels with a 25 year warranty on all parts and 94% production guarantee for 25 years. This was from a local company that has been doing solar for years. Installation was today!

The 1 powerwall price is normally (from tesla)

6500 = powerwall
3000 = installation
1100 = gateway
500 = permits

taxes

So The price for 1 powerwall is right in line with the pricing that tesla gave me for the "add powerwall to existing solar" quote I got. So OP at least the PW portion I can confirm is correct.

Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet