TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Updated Speed 100d?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Mrwatchdawg, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

I am about to place an order for a Model X 100D and says it will be late October delivery. This means put it in Q4!

Do you think they will make an update on the 100D speeds? I know some people haven been saying in Europe it shows they are fasted?

Any information on this would be awesome.

The reason I ask is because on my Model S 75D I missed the new speed by 2 days.

2. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

Also, with all the price reductions on the inventory models right now. Is it because they are trying to clear inventory before the end of quarter or refreshing for an update?

why does tesla make a person paranoid hahah

3. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

if you're in such a rush to purchase, why not get an inventory P100D for the same price

4. ninefiveone

ninefiveone Member

OP is asking if the cars will be faster (e.g. 0-60 times) not whether they will be delivered faster.

5. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

Ya sorry that's what I meant

Don't think anyone has any answers probably but just curious. I know the huge discounts right now make me wonder.

6. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

7. vigge50

vigge50 Member

I think it's a mistake, there is old Model S 75D that's sold as used and they are rated at 3,3 sec, have really hard to believe they will update old cars to to that.

8. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

thats what i was confused about too.

So you are thinking the 100D will stay where it is at? Is it worth waiting another 1 week to order so that way it coincides with the SEMI reveal? Regardless it will be a Q4 delivery.

9. Navsarin

Navsarin S90D

There is an inventory 100D model X in Canada showing the updated 4.5second 0-100 sprint already.

Conjecture with basically all of Europe displaying the new speeds is that an announcement is forthcoming for the S/X 100D.

Nothing from headquarters officially but if you're taking delivery late Oct, any change announced in the coming weeks you'll likely receive anyway.

Attached Files:

10. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

So that is crazy. Do you think it could just be a typo when someone put it since it's only on one car?

11. Navsarin

Navsarin S90D

There is only 1 model X inventory 100D avail. The 100D model S are not upgraded speeds as yet. They used to show 4.2 sec but recently they don't show any speed. But in Europe all the models S/X are showing 3.3 and 4.5 respectively. Not just a few.

Update: found another inventory 100D in Montreal. Same updated 4.5sec

Attached Files:

12. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

Well ev CPO shows a few 100d model x's availavle. In the us atleast.

And I wonder why they can't get the X faster than 4.5. You would think maybe closer to 4 to have more of a difference in the 75d

13. Navsarin

Navsarin S90D

They probably can however they won't encroach on the P90D speed of 4.0...that would be a bad marketing move I would think. 4.5 for an SUV is unreal :)

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  14. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

That's very true.

Forgot the p90D was that fast.

15. hly

hly Member

Not encroaching on the territory of an older but higher performance model is typical Porsche tactic. I don't think Tesla plays this game.