Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated Tesla Solar/PW Prices 7/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdx_m3s

May 18, 2019
Portland, OR
This was mentioned in another thread, but thought I would aggregate and make it clear here. Effective July 16, here's new Tesla Solar prices. These prices essentially keep the $/watt constant across all system sizes.

- Small: $10,000 to $8,400
- Medium: $16,000 to $16,400
- Large: $23,500 to $24,600
- X-Large: $30,000 to $32,800

Powerwalls (not sure if this changed, but here's current pricing):
- 1 PW: $11,000 each
- 2 PWs: $8,500 each
- 3 PWs: $7,667 each
- 4 PWs: $7,500 each
- And they get cheaper as you add beyond 4.

And the referral fee has been reduced to $100.

And the referral fee has been reduced to $100.

Looking in the (iOS) app today, I see:

Solar
Anyone using your referral link can earn a $100 award after system activation for solar panels or Solar Roof to reduce reliance on the grid and produce clean solar energy. You will earn a $400 award for each solar referral. Additionally, you will earn one Powerwall for 10 or more solar referrals, limited to one award.

I didn't record exactly what it said previously, but I recall it only stating $250 and not being clear who got it, and not mentioning Solar Roof nor anything about a Powerwall. So it seems to me like things might have actually been sweetened for the person offering the referral, though the award to the person being referred has dropped. Generally, seems to me the idea is a bit better when more balanced, this creates lots of incentive to offer a referral code, but less incentive for someone to actually take it.

Looking in the (iOS) app today, I see:

Solar
Anyone using your referral link can earn a $100 award after system activation for solar panels or Solar Roof to reduce reliance on the grid and produce clean solar energy. You will earn a $400 award for each solar referral. Additionally, you will earn one Powerwall for 10 or more solar referrals, limited to one award.

I didn't record exactly what it said previously, but I recall it only stating $250 and not being clear who got it, and not mentioning Solar Roof nor anything about a Powerwall. So it seems to me like things might have actually been sweetened for the person offering the referral, though the award to the person being referred has dropped. Generally, seems to me the idea is a bit better when more balanced, this creates lots of incentive to offer a referral code, but less incentive for someone to actually take it.

I see it as incentivizing someone who is actually evangelizing the system, and becoming teslas 'de facto" salesforce, for a much lower price than they had for their sales organization, that is gone. Under the previous program its "use my referral and we both get money", end of story.. now it is incentivizing the person doing the referring to do a bit more work.

Its the same amount of money though, right? 400 +100 vs 250+250, so tesla is just messing around to see if they can incentivize current owners to be their salesforce.