Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated to V10, no smart summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe in a hurricane or when the parking lot is on fire. Even under the best circumstances it's super slow. I'd never attempt to use it in a busy Costco lot or something similar. Even with both hands full it's faster just to walk out to your car. There are already reports of parking lot collisions (although I don't know the exact circumstances.) It never surprises how some people are either stupid or too trusting in technology.

Honestly I wouldn’t want it to move any quicker, it actually can get moving at a decent pace and with no driver and a parking lot with so many changing variables it doesn’t leave a lot of reaction time.

I can also confirm receiving smart summon with 2019.32.12.2 (update was available this morning) - brief test of smart summon successful (it got down the driveway but refused to go on a public road because smart summon cannot operate on public roads right now). M3 SR+, built July 2019 (assume HW3) w/ FSD

I can confirm that enhanced summon is now in Ontario, Canada.

I just noticed the enhanced summon button in my app today. That could be because I just haven't tried summon for a few days, or it could be because I just logged out and then back into my app last night. (I was hoping to see the new window controls that some folks now have in their apps.) In any case, finding that enhanced summon is now available in Canada was an unexpected surprise.

I have tested the enhanced summon three times today, and it worked each time. The more barriers that I put between our Model 3 and myself, the more the car paused. At one point, it came unexpectedly close to another car that was parked between me and the Tesla, so I took my finger off the kill switch, and the car stopped immediately. I went around to take a closer look, and I saw that the Model 3 wasn't as close to the parked car as I thought, but it still gave me a bit of a fright. Nonetheless, there was lots of space in the parking lot, so I didn't think it was necessary for the Model 3 to drive so close to the only parked car that stood between me and the Tesla.

I also noticed that when I tested the enhanced summon from the greatest distance, I lost connection with the car twice, and I had to reconnect.

It was fun to test it out in parking lots that had no cars moving around in them, but I would hesitate to try it out where other cars are moving around... mostly out of fear of delaying and annoying the drivers of the other cars.

I can confirm that enhanced summon is now in Ontario, Canada.

I just noticed the enhanced summon button in my app today. That could be because I just haven't tried summon for a few days, or it could be because I just logged out and then back into my app last night. (I was hoping to see the new window controls that some folks now have in their apps.) In any case, finding that enhanced summon is now available in Canada was an unexpected surprise.

I have tested the enhanced summon three times today, and it worked each time. The more barriers that I put between our Model 3 and myself, the more the car paused. At one point, it came unexpectedly close to another car that was parked between me and the Tesla, so I took my finger off the kill switch, and the car stopped immediately. I went around to take a closer look, and I saw that the Model 3 wasn't as close to the parked car as I thought, but it still gave me a bit of a fright. Nonetheless, there was lots of space in the parking lot, so I didn't think it was necessary for the Model 3 to drive so close to the only parked car that stood between me and the Tesla.

I also noticed that when I tested the enhanced summon from the greatest distance, I lost connection with the car twice, and I had to reconnect.

It was fun to test it out in parking lots that had no cars moving around in them, but I would hesitate to try it out where other cars are moving around... mostly out of fear of delaying and annoying the drivers of the other cars.
This 100% matches my experience as well - after my last post above I took the car to a mall parking lot and tested enhanced summon about 6 times. Most of the time it did pretty well, I thought that signalling its turns was a nice touch, and it was smart enough to reverse or forward out of a parking spot based on the paint lines around it (even with no cars around, it would back out of a spot that I had pulled into and pull forward out of a spot I had backed into). The first time I tested it, it stopped completely perpendicular to traffic lanes at the end of a row of spots which made me a little antsy, and I didn't have enough confidence to attempt to test it when there was actual traffic around. I will let some of the more adventurous early adopters try that out and wait for the update which handles it better based on their experiences being incorporated into the neural net :D