Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated To Version 11 But Now No Option To Join FSD Beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I have been in the FSD beta queue for the longest time now and today I woke up and my car was updated to V11. When I went to drive it though, I still only have the options that I had in the last version. Maybe I’m doing this wrong, I’m not really sure? Can someone fill me in on why I’m no longer in queue for FSD Beta and why I don’t have FSD (or maybe I do and I just don’t know it, but it doesn’t look like I do)? Thanks.

Attachments

• 00C46580-EA0E-44EC-9A88-B87E66B9DD3F.jpeg
    00C46580-EA0E-44EC-9A88-B87E66B9DD3F.jpeg
    413.3 KB · Views: 536
  • 1D755BAC-C768-410E-80BF-D52805AA53BF.jpeg
    1D755BAC-C768-410E-80BF-D52805AA53BF.jpeg
    502.7 KB · Views: 524
Solution
There have been multiple postings where people seem to have been dropped from the beta queue. Some report being able to reenroll.

In your case, you do not have FSD beta yet. You simply received a production software update. The v11 refers to the GUI version, not the FSD beta version. A bit confusing, for sure. FSD beta is currently 10.69.2.4, with a small number of users receiving 10.69.3 or 10.69.3.1. FSD beta 11.x is currently in internal employee testing.
CONFUSED. That is User Interface v11 that has been on all Tesla's since last year. Beta is 22.36.20.
I’m confused then. It said my car was updated this morning. Weird stuff started happening at first like it thought I was in California when I’m in Maryland and it said that nothing was enabled in my region. Then when I started driving the car all of that stuff went away and it showed my true location.

Then I had to enable all my features again and it showed me what’s new in the latest version but the screen was black inside of the release bubble.

Then when I went to check if I was still in the FSD beta queue it was missing along with the option to choose it.

So what’s going on? Sorry I am still fairly new at this. Only owned this car for 2 and a half months now.

Upvote 0
I’m confused then. It said my car was updated this morning. It said my car was updated this morning. Weird stuff started happening at first like it thought I was in California when I’m in Maryland and it said that nothing was enabled in my region. Then when I started driving the car all of that stuff went away and it showed my true location.

Then I had to enable all my features again and it showed me what’s new in the latest version but the screen was black inside of the release bubble.

Then when I went to check if I was still in the FSD beta queue it was missing along with the option to choose it.

So what’s going on? Sorry I am still fairly new at this. Only owned this car for 2 and a half months now.
CONFUSED. That is User Interface v11 that has been on all Tesla's since last year. Beta is 22.36.20.

View attachment 876223
For more context, yesterday I was in the FSD queue and everything was fine. This morning I noticed that I no longer had access to the car with my phone so I went to the car and went to turn it back on. I then noticed that it told me the version had been updated (I was updated to 36 a week or so ago so that’s not it) and all of the options that I had enabled before were no longer enabled.

Upvote 0
There have been multiple postings where people seem to have been dropped from the beta queue. Some report being able to reenroll.

In your case, you do not have FSD beta yet. You simply received a production software update. The v11 refers to the GUI version, not the FSD beta version. A bit confusing, for sure. FSD beta is currently 10.69.2.4, with a small number of users receiving 10.69.3 or 10.69.3.1. FSD beta 11.x is currently in internal employee testing.

Upvote 1
Solution

Thanks I appreciate the help.

So will I not be able to receive the wider release of FSD beta when it’s released to more people now? I had a 98 safety score over the period of 2 1/2 months of driving.

Upvote 0
How long were you in the Q and what version right before this 36.20 update?
I was in the queue for a few months, and I was on 2022.20.9 before getting FSD Beta last night. Before last night, I didn't receive any new updates after installing 2022.20.9 two months ago. I might have gotten the Beta sooner if I had driven on AP more, because I only met the 100-mile Autosteer requirement this past week.

Upvote 0
And now that I’m in the app looking at it I no longer have a safety score. But as you can see on my screen I also no longer have the ability to join FSD Beta.

It looks like the car isn’t doing anything that it didn’t do before. I would have expected Autosteer on City streets to be enabled.
I've been waiting for FSD for several months with a score of 95 and this morning I received update 2022.36.20 which either is/or includes FSD 10.69.3.1. Have check everything, and yes, I now have FSD.

Upvote 0
To all the responders, it looks like they denied me again even with a score of 98 and about half my miles driven on autopilot. I guess they were allowing or disallowing people again last night and I wasn’t accepted :-( (2nd time now). I did see that they checked off one of my privacy policy check marks when they did whatever update they did do and when I checked it back I was able to join the beta queue once again. I guess I’ll heartbreakingly keep trying.

Upvote 0
it looks like they denied me again
Not necessarily. If you are on 2022.36.6 (same major software level of the latest distribution going to real people - 2022.36.20) - it could arrive soon.

Not sure the removal of the SS from the app makes sense, nor being able to request it. But these are probably related. For very foggy reasons, it's not usual for various options to disappear when doing a software upgrade only to reappear a few days later automagically. Check your car for the next few days and see if the FSD enroll button reappears - I'm guessing it will. Then it will be back in your app.

If not after a few days try emailing [email protected] and ask. Most likely that's a black hole and you won't hear back but a couple others reported success doing that - may have been coincidental.

Reactions: therealjimbob
Upvote 0
I'm also anxiously awaiting 10.69.3.1 (Safety Score of 98 for the past 5 months and plenty of AP driving). I don't think we've missed out on that one, I just think the roll-out has slowed down over the weekend, and will hopefully pick back up strongly this coming week. From watching the YouTube videos of 10.69.3.1 in action, it does appear to be pretty close to ready for much wider distribution. I've seen reporting that it's a bit smoother and more cautious than earlier versions, which lends itself well to wider distribution. I'm looking forward to getting it and seeing for myself how it does on my easy, well-marked and fairly traffic-free Nebraska roads!

Upvote 0