Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated to Version 2018.42.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just as I got 42.3 now there is 42.4. Isn’t that kick you in the crotch fantastic. Lol

Interestingly, I got one update notification, applied it to my car (or so I thought), and walked away. Within 10 minutes I got another update notice on my phone, so I went out to see what was going on, and sure enough a new update was available already, and my car still said 42.2. So, whatever is in .4 is likely important enough that you'll get it pretty quickly.

I assume that because I heard the high voltage contactors turn off, and basically every other system as well, that some firmwares were updated here. That could have been a regen update or something, but it also could have been a fix for something Tesla started seeing in telemetry data coming back from vehicles. We'll never know unless Elon tweets about it. :D

Just as I got 42.3 now there is 42.4. Isn’t that kick you in the crotch fantastic. Lol
Not really, if it is something like the letter O has one pixel that is out of place and it was fixed from 42.2 to 42.3 then who cares. If it is something like if you are NoA and it will crash your car then yes, you want the update. I just wish they would say what they fixed. Even something generic like improved NoA or improved font display would be good for me.