Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated Windshield Washers on 2022 Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was the first day I needed to use the windshield washers and was delighted to see they no longer shoot streams from down near the hood at the glass, they now are integrated into the wiper arm and spray directly in front of the wiper blade.

My 2013 and 2020 both used the older method, when did they make this change? Was this another add on the Late Feb/March builds or has this been the case since they launched the refresh in 2021+?

I think the wipers have been this way for a long time. If your car has the Winter Package, the spray is a heated stream onto the windshield. Cars in warmer climates or cars without a heated washer fluid use the wiper mounted spray. I am not sure if the wiper mounted spray is now heated in 2021+ models.

Interesting.
I tired of trying to adjust my hood mounted nozzles so I installed some used Tesla wiper arms with integral nozzles.
They work but they are Frankenstein at best.
eBay seller said that they were from a model S but I have my doubts.
Does anyone know if integral nozzle wiper arms exist that will fit a 2015 model S?
Thanks