Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[updated with *] P85D 691HP should have an asterisk * next to it.. "Up to 691HP"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted in another thread. Relevant here:

First rulings done in Norways consumer disputes commision it seems. Tesla must pay 50000NOK(~6000USD) to the owners in these rulings as far as I can see. Tesla now has 4weeks to decide if they want to continue by draggin this into the courts or end it by paying the owners according to the ruling.

This includes my own case which I brought forward to the disputes commision. Link below to a similar case. I believe 13owners went this route.

http://innsyn.e-kommune.no/innsyn_f...=2016013278&dokid=233333&versjon=1&variant=P&

Still no word on the ones that actually sued Tesla. That is rumoured to be more than 200owners still waiting for Tesla to make their move. But the ruling from the consumer disputes commision will of course wheigh heavily in advantage of the owners...

It would seem as though some of the latest battery power numbers (500 kW ???) are getting closer. Perhaps the original advertising was another of Elon's I may not do it when I said I would but I do end up getting it done deals (his description not mine).

I don't think Elon is responsible for every last bit on their webpage. You can't sell a product with a spec from a future product, anywhere. They're not only risking future legal action but destroying the Tesla brand.

+ AWDtsla

Open request:
"Tesla (and Elon), the car is good enough to stand on its own merits. Stick to real world numbers that mere mortal owners can meet or exceed with ease with the car they take delivery of and at the time they take delivery. We loved you for it when my P85 Sig was delivered, and you've gone a different route with D shenanigans and it's only doing harm to the EV cause, Tesla brand, and customer trust."

It would seem as though some of the latest battery power numbers (500 kW ???) are getting closer. Perhaps the original advertising was another of Elon's I may not do it when I said I would but I do end up getting it done deals (his description not mine).

With the max seen now of 512KW, we're only 3KW away from 691 hp at the battery. The total loss from battery to wheels as about 22% which is inline with ICE AWD drive cars from drive shaft to wheels. So it looks like Tesla has just about finally produced the originally promised 691 hp PD car.

With the max seen now of 512KW, we're only 3KW away from 691 hp at the battery. The total loss from battery to wheels as about 22% which is inline with ICE AWD drive cars from drive shaft to wheels. So it looks like Tesla has just about finally produced the originally promised 691 hp PD car.

Where did you get your 22% from? Seems reasonable, but very specific...

With the max seen now of 512KW, we're only 3KW away from 691 hp at the battery.
... except of course that 691 was the number for P85D not P90D. The P90D number was over 700 "if you use the same addition math that...." car magazines are still doing and Tesla is seemingly happy letting them continue to say.

Have we seen any P85D exhibit numbers near 512kW?

Great! Almost ready the retrofits to deliver on the original promises.

• Love
Reactions: sorka
Most likely 90% due to the forex-rate towards the USD making the cars absurdly more expensive since launch. An ok equipped 90D costs quite a lot more these days than I paid for my P85D.. ... A P90D now is almost 50% more than I paid...

It used to be "cheap" , but now it isnt anymore... I dont expect this to change anytime soon either as the Norwegian Krone is very weak at the moment tied closely to the oil-price.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and Denarius
Wake me when something happens in the U.S.
sand-bury-your-head-in-the-sand.jpg

Now how are you going to know to wake me, with your head in the sand?

Like I said, wake me when something happens in the U.S. :D

Never mind, you're probably right to maintain your position, as nothing is likely to happen with regard to this in the U.S. anyway. :D