Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[updated with *] P85D 691HP should have an asterisk * next to it.. "Up to 691HP"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our efforts did cause Tesla to correct the information on their website. We also caused Tesla to add the footnote about 1-foot roll out on their website. And we may never know, but perhaps our efforts are causing Tesla to not exaggerate specs as much as the marketing department might like to.

There is no established causal and effect relationship, and they may well have done all that you say on their own.

There is also no established causal and effect relationship between someone posting anything in any way negative towards Tesla in this thread, and your then responding to it, but like the examples I provided, it is pretty clear to anyone following along that both those causal and effect relationships exist.

• Funny
Reactions: P85DEE and NSX1992
There is also no established causal and effect relationship between someone posting anything in any way negative towards Tesla in this thread, and your then responding to it, but like the examples I provided, it is pretty clear to anyone following along that both those causal and effect relationships exist.

Well, it is a "forum" and as such verbiage is used and so "responses" also using verbiage are to be expected.

However anyone in here, trying to take any credit at all for any changes in the way that Tesla advertises or chooses to represent their products, by stating or implying that this thread had anything to do with that, and without any proof of that whatsoever that this is the case, is a stretch at best and absurd at worst.

But people like to think that their efforts were fruitful even if fruitless.

Being that it's the Christmas season, I won't be a grinch and take that feel good emotion from you.

No sir. You hear that you guys? I won't dash the hopes and dreams of another. No sir. Don't want that on my record as nothing good can come of something like that.

So yeah Andy. This whole thread, indeed by itself, started a revolution in the way that Tesla does business.

Merry Christmas Andy

Last edited:
Then, there's this. Teslarati:
"The reason for the discrepancy was rather simple. Being a dual-motor vehicle, Tesla advertised the Model S P85D with the combined horsepower from both its front and rear motors. The front motor of the car produces 221 hp and the rear, as could be seen in dyno tests of the vehicle, produces 471 hp. Combined, the P85D’s dual motors do align with Tesla’s figures, producing a combined 691 hp. For some P85D owners in Norway, however, this was tantamount false advertising."
Tesla receives another Model S P85D lawsuit in Norway

History needs to be more accurate, than this. I don't remember U.S. Tesla ever saying "691HP", and no dyno to my knowledge ever posted a simultaneous 221 + 471hp. I sure remember the severely miss-leading "motor power" stuff, which the auto-media ran with. But P85D motors were never "producing a combined 691hp". Far from it. In an atmosphere where repeating falsehoods can make them true, I agree it was good to give this thread a tender

**bump**.

• Disagree
Reactions: sorka and AWDtsla
Tesla were careful and said this

0DFBD635-4899-4327-9CF2-E047EDC72ACE.jpeg

And did nothing to contradict articles like this

41D1C134-D410-4174-9F46-3522C4013637.jpeg

Haha. Ressurrection indeed Mr Sorka.

I remember being so relieved, and feeling really bad for those that were duped, when I didnt think the 691hp claim added up on the P85D and went for the 85D instead.

(mind you Tesla just got their own back on me recently by keeping my car for a week and a haf in service instead of the quoted 1-2 days just as they slashed the prices by 40% here so I lost my buyer and eventually sold for 20,000GBP (iro $27,000) less. Thanks Tesla. Properly shafted me this time. (and absolutely not a jot of movement by Tesla sales subsequently either - not a single mil - so guess what very sadly I'm currently not in a Tesla).

Here's another 691hp for you - Tesla set the bar; McClaren follows - properly

Stock McLaren 720S Makes 691 HP at the Wheels in Dyno Test

at the wheels no less.