Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates have stopped?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
My 2017 Model X has been sitting on Version 2021.44.30.21 for a long time--over six weeks. I keep seeing posts about more recent 2022. updates but none of them are downloaded. I've been upgraded to FSD and it seems to work well enough, but others say the more recent updates are further refining it, eliminating phantom braking, fixing and other issues. I have a good WiFi connection and I can use the browser and Netflix (etc.) so that part is working. I set up a service call and Tesla says I'm up to date.

Any suggestions?

No something going on. Do you have MCU2? Below is my 2017 X with the MCU1 to 2 upgrade as well as the FSD computer upgrade. I think there is an option in the Tesla phone app under service for software/fw.

T20B9lc.jpg

I did get MCU 2 quite some time ago (with a new screen). So what do I do when I file a service request and they say I'm up to date?

Do you have the FSD beta?

I do not have FSD beta.

Look here and see all the OTA firmware that are ahead of you. Ignore the FSD Beta ones with the superscripted red FSDBeta versions. https://www.teslafi.com/firmware

I fell back last year quite a bit ... at some point being far back I called a diff service center and they were able to submit/force an update to the latest for me.

Understand tho that 10% of the people are on your older release. I do not know if they have MCU2s tho.
uS1Cpmg.jpg

My 2017 X, upgraded to MCU2 and FSD computer, is on 2022.4.5.3 as of 2/24/2022. I was last on 2021.44.30.8 on 2/10/2022.

It does seem like you might be a little behind. Sometimes a reset can help. But if the SC won't address it, there's not much you can do beyond being a pain in their neck. It is possible that you have some rare HW combination that does not have a needed driver in the latest firmware.

I wouldn’t be concerned …. My Model 3 is still on 2021.44.X as well.

Really not much noticeable difference between the two, except that 2022.4.X broke the passenger seat occupancy sensor in my X, causing it to alert every time I’m in the car now, passenger seat occupied or not.
5E353F4D-6380-4514-A0D6-F7F194D1FA22.jpeg
4F24945A-A867-4E9D-8094-1A728F2CEA88.jpeg

2022.4.X broke the passenger seat occupancy sensor in my X, causing it to alert every time I’m in the car now, passenger seat occupied or not.

Interesting 🤔...

We have this exact same issue with our Raven X. We first got the seat alert with 2022.4.5.3, then we updated to 2022.4.5.5 which didn't fix it, and we just got 2022.8.2 yesterday but that didn't fix it either 😥.

We have the alert on the right side mono-post seat on the second row.

Wondering if contacting Tesla or waiting for a further firmware update, should be the way to go...

Interesting 🤔...

We have this exact same issue with our Raven X. We first got the seat alert with 2022.4.5.3, then we updated to 2022.4.5.5 which didn't fix it, and we just got 2022.8.2 yesterday but that didn't fix it either 😥.

We have the alert on the right side mono-post seat on the second row.

Wondering if contacting Tesla or waiting for a further firmware update, should be the way to go...

Well - I opened a case, and got a call back from Tier 2 telling me it was a known firmware problem and unfortunately I'm just one of the unlucky ones. 2022.8.2 came in last night and still has the error.

Now that said - I have a service appointment coming up on 4/8 for unrelated issues. I'll ask them again about it there... but as of right now, I understand it to be a known bug still waiting on the fix.

• Helpful
Reactions: Art VandeIay