Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates How to figure out what is latest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New cars have different build numbers, and they typically stay with their production software for at least a few weeks before they get updates. That is typical. New software is pushed by Tesla in waves, end users have no control on when they get updates nor which updates they get. HAve a look in the Software specific subforum, there are plenty of discussions just like yours.

I don't know. Maybe they don't update cars until they're sold, and then it takes a while for sold vins to be added to the update queue?

Maybe it's so they are sure the car is in operating order before updating, the construction software might have additional logging...

In all cases, what's a few weeks? We sometimes wait weeks or months for an update anyway...

Been waiting on an update for a long time. Still stuck on 2021.3.106.5. Service center just says you are up to date. When I ask them about my ancient 2019 maps they just say they are also up to date.
How is this better than what legacy is doing?