Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates on black MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MY BonB in June 2019 and still no car... Called them again today, and said everything is ready to go on my end, but they don't have a car. Initially said 10 weeks max and I thought I was going to cry! :( Hope awedio_femi is right and they'll start production of these specs next week. Very frustrating that people who ordered a car a month ago are getting deliveries now...

Even more sexy as you become intimate with the car's curves cleaning it to keep it looking good. :rolleyes:

Depends where you live, in extremely dusty places or lots of pollen places color doesnt matter, all colors will look like garbage after a week. I currently have a black, white and silver cars. This time of year (spring) the pollen looks terrible on all of them (because its yellow).

Rest of the year however, since we dont get rain April - December, even black only needs a wash every 2 months or so.

But on MY, that black trim and black plastic on the back, and black glass that covers half the car will show dust/pollen etc... so I dont know how much extra time you can really squeeze out between washes. Plenty of black on Teslas, even white ones. Sure your white paint will look good, but then the tinted glass and roof and plastic trim all around, and wheels and big ass black plastic piece in the back will show all the dirt.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Depends where you live, in extremely dusty places or lots of pollen places color doesnt matter, all colors will look like garbage after a week. I currently have a black, white and silver cars. This time of year (spring) the pollen looks terrible on all of them (because its yellow).

Rest of the year however, since we dont get rain April - December, even black only needs a wash every 2 months or so.

But on MY, that black trim and black plastic on the back, and black glass that covers half the car will show dust/pollen etc... so I dont know how much extra time you can really squeeze out between washes. Plenty of black on Teslas, even white ones. Sure your white paint will look good, but then the tinted glass and roof and plastic trim all around, and wheels and big ass black plastic piece in the back will show all the dirt.
As the picture to the left shows, I know about the labor of keeping a black Model S clean.:D

live near tesla factory.. Gone next level, I have been flying my drone over my house and zooming in .. dont see any black MY .. only MSM or White since last 3 days ...

Haha! This is hysterical! Okay - according to intel earlier in this thread, blacks should start coming today or tomorrow... Please please please, MYBGuy90, let us know what the drone says!! :)

Reactions: anon125110