Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates on black MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold my car on Shift because it was due on the second. I looked into rental car weekly and monthly rates and they are actually much less expensive than the monthly payment for the Model Y so that's what I ended up doing (I may return it though because I'm realizing my household only needs one car during the pandemic). Consider doing that if the car isn't available until past your date. Looks like you're in LA, I'm in the Bay Area. From what I've heard, the majority of California cars are built last because they take the least amount of time to transport.
Be careful with monthly car rentals, as your insurance may not cover those. And if you don't own another vehicle you probably want to look into 3rd party rental car insurance.

I ordred my Black/Black AWD 19" Gemini back in April. Received text last week saying 2-4 weeks. No vin yet. Thats a big range, 2-4 weeks. Trying to time the selling of my wife's Mercedes. I have a red m3, the Y is hers. Kind of jealous.

I ordred my Black/Black AWD 19" Gemini back in April. Received text last week saying 2-4 weeks. No vin yet. Thats a big range, 2-4 weeks. Trying to time the selling of my wife's Mercedes. I have a red m3, the Y is hers. Kind of jealous.

I would not even consider selling until I have the Y in my hands and am happy with fit/finish. Right now used car market is in the dumps, its only up from here. You may make more on the mercedes in a few months than you would now (when people actually start driving again).

I am holding onto my car until at least a week after I get the MY, because I dont want to end up in a situation where the MY arrives damaged or some issue that Tesla refuses to address related to trim alignment or something and me not having a car so I cant say "no thanks".

Reactions: VikH
I should have waited and stick with my original configuration.

What a beauty...
20200609_073508.jpg

anybody from Northern California/Bay Area got VIN assigned for Black ?

You're the only one that I saw, here and on the tracking sheet... Monitoring this closely, since I am a June 2019 order. Did you have trade-in and/or financing? Thinking of canceling my trade-in since valuation is in the toilet anyway, to move this along...

Are you still seeing black MY come out today?

You're the only one that I saw, here and on the tracking sheet... Monitoring this closely, since I am a June 2019 order. Did you have trade-in and/or financing? Thinking of canceling my trade-in since valuation is in the toilet anyway, to move this along...

Are you still seeing black MY come out today?

yes still seeing them being produced .. but all going into loading zone parking lot.. not sure if any local deliveries are being made :( ... generally they are driven to delivery centre after producing across freeway (had seen last month being driven Red/MSM while biking in the evening)... I don't have trade-in .. just financing ..

Reactions: geraldineinsf