Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates on Maxpider Mats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after looking at some pictures of others installing their MY Maxpider mats, I'm kinda disappointed and regretting the decision of buying them. If you take a look, it looks like they took the Model 3 mats and just adjusted the sizes and didn't make a new design.

My BIGGEST gripe is that the front mats that do not go under the seat at all when there is plenty of room. The Model 3 has the bump under the seat that the mat snugs up against, but the MY is wide open. It would've made more sense to have the mat go under there a bit for people that have the seat further back and or if something is dropped. The same goes for the backseat. They barely go under the seat for anyone trying to extend their lets and takes away from the bolstered seats of the Model Y.

Is it just me?
I got the ones from Tesmanian and they extend under the seats both front and back. Very happy with the fit and quality.

I just installed my mats. Overall I'd say I'm pretty happy with them. The fit is good and they look great. I will agree with some of the previous posts, it would be nice if the front mats went a little bit further under the seat. Visually I don't mind it much, but sometimes when I'm resting my feet on autopilot my heels are right back near that lip. I'm still happy with the purchase and I'm glad I ordered them.

I just installed my mats. Overall I'd say I'm pretty happy with them. The fit is good and they look great. I will agree with some of the previous posts, it would be nice if the front mats went a little bit further under the seat. Visually I don't mind it much, but sometimes when I'm resting my feet on autopilot my heels are right back near that lip. I'm still happy with the purchase and I'm glad I ordered them.
This was my main concern with my left foot on autopilot. The mats come in tomorrow, so I’m truly interested in how they perform. If the lip isn’t a big deal, I’ll be OK with it.

Reactions: Jedibryan
I bought and received the 6 pc trunk/frunk set. But am holding off on buying the 3 pc interior set because I never liked ANY of the ALL weather mats available due to the grit and dust etc that collected and made noise under my shoes. Plus the OEM mats are now available for $95. The mats in our DD 2017 Volt (49 months old) still look great and clean up with a vacuum. And I agree with “jimmym1981” observations about them not providing more coverage. Hopefully they redesign them. Then maybe I buy in.

So for now then”cargo” carrying areas are nicely protected.