Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates [questions about tesla order process and lack of feedback]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I have not noticed similar posts but with over 189 pages, maybe someone can educate me. I ordered my Model 3 1/28/2021, but have been amazed at the information vacuum from Tesla and dealership since ordering and noticed this is not an uncommon occurrence per postings. My prior experience in ordering a car was with BMW for a MiniCooper, I received regular updates (order accepted by Germany production, car in production, car on ship to US, car arrived in US, etc.). Does anyone know why Tesla does not use technology to keep us informed on the status of our orders? I had envisioned with such a technological company, not a "we'll get to you within the following 30 day window" to "at the time of your order there you are order XXX in our queue and given current production we expect the following one week window" with at least updates every two weeks.

My dealership in Renton Washington had also previously been unable to explain the incredibly low trade-in valuation ($2750 below what I received on a direct sale through a Kelly Blue Book program), nor did they explain the unique Washington sales tax process (a trade-in value is deducted from sale price to determine taxes, but sale of potential trade-in is not), which would have effected my decisions regarding my prior vehicle (am doing without car now and incurred $600 expense for one month rental). Just wondering if experience suggests dealerships can not be expected to act as advocate or know local laws? Tesla and dealership seems to operate as an order taker versus a value added partner in process, and wondering if that is a common experience.
Hi, I’m in the same boat. I just recently ordered a model 3. I was surprised that I didn’t get an email notifying me that I had to confirm my purchase since they are doing the camera upgrade on them.. but I will say that little chat option is awesome and they people on there are very helpful. They even call you if you have a lot of questions. Very helpful and super sweet! If you have questions, just call, they are so nice!!

Good Luck,

Diana

Reactions: DaddysCar