TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UPDATING LIGHTED APPLIQUE

Discussion in 'Model S' started by WATTS-UP, Jun 25, 2018.

1. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

Need a little help. In the process of redesigning / updating the lighted applique for the

Model “S”. looking for someone around the Philadelphia area that has a Model “S” build

after June of 2017.

The exchange is you get the first redesigned / updated Applique I get to trace all the wires

so that we can design the next Controller / Light Board

2. Langhorne

Langhorne Member

I live in Langhorne, just North of Philly, and have a S75 June 2017 build. What kind of dismantling are we talking here? And how much of a downtime?

3. appleguru

appleguru Member

Any interest in tapping the needed signals from CAN bus?

• Like x 1
  4. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

@Langhorne,

This would be better if you PM'd me for gave me a call My Number is 267 844-0320.
    It's easier to explain then to go back and forth.

5. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

@appleguru
    I don't want to touch the CAN bus. Tesla will get bent out of shape if any one does that.

6. appleguru

appleguru Member

Why would they? We’re doing it for the camera switcher project. Important to note that we are just reading from (not writing anything to) the Chassis CAN bus, which is accessible on pins 1 and 9 on the model s/x OBD port.

Seems much less intrusive than tapping wires to me *shrug* (not to mention you can just unplug the adapter if you need to ever undo it)

7. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

@Langhorne
    Have tried to call your number. Phone is always busy

8. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

@ langhorne If you would send me your info via the tesla-lights.net web. Please use the contact form

9. Langhorne

Langhorne Member

Sent you a PM.

10. LMichel

LMichel Member