Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updating my MS - Abstract Ocean upgraded led lighting kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes! And sorry for things taking so long, but we're a bit obsessive about getting the quality right. We're just waiting on the packaging design sign-off, so I would expect we'll have them for sale on the site by the end of October. As soon as we're confident of the date, I'll open up pre-orders, and post a link here. Bottom line is that these are brighter than any other option, are plug n play of course, and will ship with a 2yr warranty, which no other option provides, as typically the projection film tends to degrade quite quickly. This is the main reason for taking so long, as we needed to soak test a lot of options.

Reactions: Akikiki and bmah
Finally, we present our ultra-bright puddle lights :)

small combo shot.jpg

Reactions: Akikiki
Just for kicks here are a couple of pix of the new Abstract Ocean puddle lights on my Model S, in my dimly-lit garage. The first picture is just the "T" puddle light on the front left door. The second picture shows the difference between the new puddle light on the front door and the Abstract Ocean ultra-bright LED interior light on the rear door (no OEM bulbs on my car anymore except for the glove compartment!).

IMHO the "T" puddle light looks great and it still covers enough area to function decently as a puddle light, though clearly the area that's lit up is smaller and more defined than the original ultra-brights (think of the difference between a spot light and a flood light). I think it's a good trade-off. By comparison I saw an Audi with Audi logo puddle lights a couple of weeks ago, and while the four rings of the Audi logo looked nice, it didn't seem to provide useful illumination.

Props to @pete8314 / Abstract Ocean for great customer service in sending a replacement for a light that broke while I was trying to pull it back out to adjust it. Tip: When checking the position, put the bulb into the door very very very gently, otherwise you might end up needing to work it back out of the hole in the door. Only push it all the way in when you're sure you've got it looking the way you want (make sure the "T" is right side up, etc.).

Great product, and I've already ordered another set of "T" puddle lights (now that they're back in stock!) for the rear doors. Just wanted to get these comparison shots out there in case people were curious.

Bruce.

C8BD739B-7139-4E24-90C7-9E097014E649.jpg
IMG_1394.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy 1
Not sure yet...I was in a 3 at the weekend, but mostly the backseat, the dome lights there, assuming they're the same in the front, didn't look super easy to replace. Not my car though, so I couldn't mess with them. Hope to have my 3 within a week or 2, if Tesla ever start deliveries to Texas...

Reactions: RichardD