Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updating My MS - Lighted Door Sills

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the lighted door sill kit from @Herbie65 . They took 4 days to arrive. I had to go to my post office to pick them up, as I missed their delivery and they require a signature to be released. Here are some photos, it was still somewhat light out when I finished. I found that the blue clips on my MS were brittle so a quick trip to the auto store replaced them..

This took about 10 minutes per door and I used some 12 gauge wire to thread the wire to my light in the cabin. My car has the lights above the feet so I had to work around the plastic trim..

Starting out:
Before.JPG

Removed the Chrome:
Before.JPG

After install:

Installed-Off.JPG

Final:
After.JPG

Drivers: It was dark, but the upgraded lighting really shines on the garage floor.
Drivers.JPG

Passenger:
Passenger.JPG

Thanks for looking and Happy driving from Texas

Attachments

• Chrome Removed.JPG
    Chrome Removed.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 75
anyone know how to get in touch with Herbie, I see he was banned from forum. I purchased lighted door sills. Arrived yesterday have some problems. Tried to contact him from email on his web site, does not work ??

thanks
Tesland
He asked that we all follow him on facebook. I got a letter from him or his company after I purchased my sills.

FWIW I Xpel wrapped mine, it makes them look wet if that makes sense, but it has kept them from getting scratched.

Here is the website too:
Tesla Model S – Tesland.nl

+31 (0) 3033 85 403

Last edited: