TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Updating steering column controls?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by stevepeck1, Apr 25, 2017.

1. stevepeck1

stevepeck1 Member

I have made many updates to my 2013 P 85+, including parking sensors and folding mirrors. Has anyone updated the steering column controls? Having driven an X, the old controls same kind of misplaced.

2. BrettS

BrettS Member

Sorry I can't answer your question, but my 2015 Model S was in for service yesterday and today and they gave me a pre autopilot early 2014 loaner. I can't tell you how many times I hit the cruise control lever on that car instead of the turn signal. It drove me nuts.

• Like x 2
  3. Acho

Acho Member

Same here. On loaner now and hate the controls

4. Lmlagarce

Lmlagarce Member

Interested in adding folding mirrors to my 2013 P85. How did you go about this?

5. GA24

GA24 Member

Not sure if anyone is still interested in this but I just retrofitted my 2013 Model S steering column to the new version.

6. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Member

How? Was it DIY (where did you get the parts)? Or did the Tesla SC do it?

How much was it?

We have an ‚old‘ MS and a new MX. Would be nice for them both to have the same.

7. islandKongen

islandKongen Member

Seems like a troll. Keeps telling he has done it without answering or elaborating.

• Disagree x 1