Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade 60 to 75 via folks on ebay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The range upgrade price on Model X is still $4500 in the US. I think the price difference between Model S @ $2000 and Model X @ $4500 is ridiculous. I think it is baked in some historical pricing differences of the models - but those have changed many times now and it no longer makes any sense.

I have done the following and would like to ask ALL of you to help me --> Login to MyTesla and use the "escalate a concern to executive management" option and ask them to explain the difference in the pricing of this upgrade. I believe the more of us point out the inconsistency the more pressure Tesla will feel to respond to this issue and do the right thing. Especially now that scammers are trying to take advantage of this price difference.

Thanks for making our voice heard on this issue community.

There may be legitimate 3rd-party sales of Tesla batteries on eBay, however this one does not look like one of them.

Most 60 kWh batteries can be upgraded to a 75 wirelessly, which is a process completed by Tesla.

This eBay offer in question is nothing more than a screenshot of Tesla's own offer to upgrade a battery, albeit a very dated screenshot given the price shown. There's even free shipping!

8-month-old related news article

The range upgrade price on Model X is still $4500 in the US. I think the price difference between Model S @ $2000 and Model X @ $4500 is ridiculous. I think it is baked in some historical pricing differences of the models - but those have changed many times now and it no longer makes any sense.

I have done the following and would like to ask ALL of you to help me --> Login to MyTesla and use the "escalate a concern to executive management" option and ask them to explain the difference in the pricing of this upgrade. I believe the more of us point out the inconsistency the more pressure Tesla will feel to respond to this issue and do the right thing. Especially now that scammers are trying to take advantage of this price difference.

Thanks for making our voice heard on this issue community.

Dude, you got the sweetest deal on an X ever. I wish I could've been so lucky. That's why your upgrade price costs more. There is a difference in that your X was more heavily subsidized so Tesla wants its $$ back.

Scam. Do not let anyone outside of Tesla mess with the source code for your driving computer for your own safety and protection. Also its likely anything to tamper with the car will prevent you from getting any future software updates and say goodbye to any potential autopilot improvements.

There may be legitimate 3rd-party sales of Tesla batteries on eBay, however this one does not look like one of them.

Most 60 kWh batteries can be upgraded to a 75 wirelessly, which is a process completed by Tesla.

This eBay offer in question is nothing more than a screenshot of Tesla's own offer to upgrade a battery, albeit a very dated screenshot given the price shown. There's even free shipping!

8-month-old related news article
Oh WOW - free shipping on an over-the-air upgrade? Who would be the shipper in the first place? I want to see THAT unboxing demo.