Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade Button is Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same boat here. Thought about the upgrade and even then we estimated it would have cut it close.
Yes, I knew it would still be tight with a signature reservation but I thought it was worth a shot. I actually have two X reservations, the higher number one is wait listed for a signature upgrade as a hedge bet. Moot now with the delays, but I'll hold on to both until more info is available.
I did make sure to write my state reps and to contribute to the group trying to help lobby extensions of the tax relief. Most of my motivation is frankly selfish, but with gas prices lowering for the next few months at least, we need all the momentum we can get to break the oil habit. The Saudis didn't lower their oil prices out of the goodness of their hearts.

Well, the apology swag from the signature downgrade showed up from Tesla today:
-Tesla Lambswool Blanket;
-travel coffee tumbler
-water bottle
-cap

Now all I need is a Tesla!

It turns out that with the latest Model X delay the signature value to me is limited after all, since it no longer looks like I could have received the X prior to WA state sales tax on EVs being re-instated July 1, 2015 in any case. Now it's up to WA state legislature to save me $10K.

They had your money a few weeks & you got a package of swag. They've had my money over 2 years and nothin! Clearly I'm doing something wrong here.

They had your money a few weeks & you got a package of swag. They've had my money over 2 years and nothin! Clearly I'm doing something wrong here.

Hmm... $40k in even an index fund 2... almost 3 years ago = $40k + a LOT of swag today.

But, Bonnie, I see what you did there and I don't mean you sending any hints to Tesla in this context ;)

Well this happened (to someone else) as reported in the TM forum:

———
"Back in October 2014, I received a call from Tesla saying the option to upgrade to a Signature X had been offered in error. The Tesla rep apologized and sent me a Tesla blanket,coffee mug,water flask and hat which I received in November. At that time, I declined the offer of returning my extra deposit. For the past seven months, "My Tesla" has stated "Signature Model X", payment pending. My original Canadian reservation #634 remained. Now it says #71, "Payment recueived, we will contact you when we are ready to build your Model X"
———

That seems like a low sig res number based on nothing in particular and this change smells like a mistake but maybe not, and maybe there will be a few more golden tickets popping up.

Canada only had 49 Signature reservations prior to the original cutoff according to the tally thread, so 71 doesn't seem unusually low. I could see them allowing the Canada numbers to go a little higher since there's so few to begin with.

Bump. Received a call with offer to upgrade. No MyTesla button because of "limited numbers". I know that's lousy intel but that's all I got,—except they did say configuration "mid July". :) isn't the half of it.

Bump. Received a call with offer to upgrade. No MyTesla button because of "limited numbers". I know that's lousy intel but that's all I got,—except they did say configuration "mid July". :) isn't the half of it.

Just got home from TMC Connect with a nice message from Fremont, would we like to upgrade to a Signature Model X? Yes. yes, and YES! Sending them the $ tomorrow. No extra details shared regarding timing, didn't ask.