Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade center console lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone upgraded the center console lights in a 2021 model (one in front under sliding door, one under armrest) with a colored light to match their footwells?

If so, anyone problems with the install?

They are both in a difficult location to gather force enough to pop them out, but the front one looks possible. The one in the armrest is more sunken in, might be too difficult or not enough room.

I think it would look cool to have the front one especially be brighter than it is and colored. (blue ofc)

I've upgraded the rear centre console light with an ultra bright one from abstract ocean in my M3 LR 2021. Very easy to do, much easier than the glovebox (glove compartment) one which I also did! Very pleased with the result too.

The front centre console light is a different type/shape but I would be interested in upgrading it too if anyone has tried any products? I haven't tried prying it off yet to see which connector is behind it, for fear of breaking something...

I've upgraded the rear centre console light with an ultra bright one from abstract ocean in my M3 LR 2021. Very easy to do, much easier than the glovebox (glove compartment) one which I also did! Very pleased with the result too.

The front centre console light is a different type/shape but I would be interested in upgrading it too if anyone has tried any products? I haven't tried prying it off yet to see which connector is behind it, for fear of breaking something...
@tridge

Did you find any light upgrades that work for the front center console light?

Also, can you please advise how you were able to install the rear center console light and the glovebox light with the Abstract Ocean upgrades?

Also curious if you've made any changes to either the front or rear door lights in your Model 3?

I didn't and I've moved on tbh now, although it would be nice if it was brighter in there.

The glovebox and rear centre console lights I just pried out with a trim tool, getting them out is hard but pushing the new brighter abstract ocean ones back in is easy.

I upgraded all door puddle lights to brighter ones, upgraded the front footwell lights to brighter ones, added rear footwell lights, upgraded the boot lights to brighter ones and added two lightbars to the boot (so it now lights up the driveway at night!) all from abstract ocean. Lights have all been spot on, no issues.