Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade from 2019 SR+ to 2021 LR. Some thoughts.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good:
  • Acceleration: Damnnn its so much faster
  • Power lift gate: Love it
  • Range: No more anxiety
  • New center console: pretty cool
  • New aero wheels & chrome delete: pretty cool
Neutral:
  • Heat pump: I guess it's better? Can't really tell in CA weather
  • HW3: its aight, autopilot and UI speed feel the same.
  • Road noise: still loud
  • Audio: honestly sound the same to me
Bad:
  • They removed the tray in the armrest
  • Quality was not as good as the 2019 one; Door panels slightly misaligned, the interior trims on the top misaligned.
  • Checked out some new Ys and 3s at the SC too, all have some imperfections.

Last edited:
Good timing. I have a 2019 SR+ and just picked up a Model Y for a weekend test drive. FASTER is a good word for it, but I noticed the stereo difference pretty quickly. A bit underwhelming to be honest, but much better bass than my SR+. I'll be playing with this one until Monday morning, but will probably hold off until next spring to make the jump.

Sweet

Good timing. I have a 2019 SR+ and just picked up a Model Y for a weekend test drive. FASTER is a good word for it, but I noticed the stereo difference pretty quickly. A bit underwhelming to be honest, but much better bass than my SR+. I'll be playing with this one until Monday morning, but will probably hold off until next spring to make the jump.

Stick with the SR+ for awhile unless you really "NEED" the Y

Once 4680 cells make their way to the 3 and Y in ~2 years or so they will have 400+ mile ranges

I'm sticking with mine until I pay it off, which is about that timeframe.

• Informative
Reactions: SlimJim
Sweet

Stick with the SR+ for awhile unless you really "NEED" the Y

Once 4680 cells make their way to the 3 and Y in ~2 years or so they will have 400+ mile ranges

That's pretty much my plan. I ran a trading quote for yucks and wasn't impressed, then a couple of days later I get a text from the salesman. Told him now wasn't the right time, but he was happy to put me in a weekend test drive anyhow. I don't' have much self-discipline, so who am I to say "no?"