Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade from Model 3 - questions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What isn’t fair about comparing the same drivetrain and it’s modernized efficiencies?

If we didn’t compare things to history, we would never move forward!

I might have agreed with you if you had argued “why are comparing a 3 to a Y?” As they are apples and oranges.

He's saying that because the 2021 model 3 has received the same improvements as the Y. You were thinking of getting another model 3, well you should've drove a 21 model 3. Oddly, I don't think my model Y's suspension is as good as the model 3 was. Model 3 dampers were quite a bit better. I think I'm the only psychopath that will maybe trade in their Y for a 21 performance 3...heh.

Reactions: gaswalla
I think I'm the only psychopath that will maybe trade in their Y for a 21 performance 3

If I had the means I would have both.

I traded my 2018 Model 3 with 64K miles for a 2021 Model Y. Agree with the suspension comments. The Model 3 handles road imperfections better. Considering replacement springs. Most likely when I get enough time / miles in the Model Y I will not know or care about the difference.

He's saying that because the 2021 model 3 has received the same improvements as the Y. You were thinking of getting another model 3, well you should've drove a 21 model 3. Oddly, I don't think my model Y's suspension is as good as the model 3 was. Model 3 dampers were quite a bit better. I think I'm the only psychopath that will maybe trade in their Y for a 21 performance 3...heh.

I have the performance 3, so the suspension and wheel combination make for a somewhat rough ride (still fairly pleasant in my opinion) so the Y with the 19” wheels get better. I suspect as others have pointed out, the LR model 3 with 18-19s would be more comfortable then the Y.

Also, nothing wrong with going from an SUV to a sport sedan. That’s how I ended up in the M3P.

I’m going for best of both worlds. Performance sedan, and efficient SUV. And sports car in the garage for the odd occasion I need to appreciate history.