TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Upgrade last years P85 to P85D and the Tax Credit

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by andydoty, Feb 21, 2015.

1. andydoty

andydoty Member

Does anyone know (or can point me to relevant information) if the $7500 tax credit can be taken more the once in different years. So, I'm going to take the credit for 2014 for the purchase of the P85. Would I qualify for the 2015 credit if I were to order and take delivery of the P85D this year?

MA has introduced a $2500 take credit (after I purchased the P85) as well that I'm hoping to take advantage of.

Drew

2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

As long as the credit is being offered in a particular year, still, you can use it as many years as you'd like.

I'm pretty sure you can even use it more than once in the same year, provided you have the tax liability required to claim the credit. (Correct me if I'm wrong, please)

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional.

3. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Yes, you can claim it once per new car purchase, and you can claim two in one year. I claimed 15k in 2013 for a model s and a colt, and will claim 7500 in 2014 for the P85D.

4. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

What kind of range you getting on that colt? :)

5. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Hilarious. It varies. Similar to the tesla, it gets less range in the winter.

6. JPP

JPP Active Member

...and I bet the emissions control on that colt are a pain in the a...

7. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

If you wrap it in a good blanket, if not garaged, and feed it premium oats, should do ok for mileage in the winter.