Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade MY Standard to Long Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you mean "upgrade it by selling your car and buying one with the long range battery", then yes. If you mean "in the same vehicle" then no, thats not possible.
Ok thanks. It’s not a huge deal, given what we use the car for. Would just be nice to have a little more cushion. 200 miles of range goes pretty quick, especially when it’s 110 degrees out and the A/C is running like crazy

Upvote 0
Ok thanks. It’s not a huge deal, given what we use the car for. Would just be nice to have a little more cushion. 200 miles of range goes pretty quick, especially when it’s 110 degrees out and the A/C is running like crazy
Have you tinted the windshield, other glass? It can make a huge difference in how hard the AC has to work to maintain the passenger cabin at a comfortable temperature.

Upvote 0
Actually, the answer is "maybe, but probably not worth it". I know that since the Model 3 came with a RWD long range option, the upgrade is possible if you go through an independent EV repair shop (only a few in the country that I know of) but even a good condition used LR battery pack is very expensive. With the MY since it didn't have a Long Range RWD option I don't even know if it is possible. If you wanted to go "whole hog" you could upgrade the battery pack and have the front motor installed to make your car a dual motor long range... but it would most likely be less expensive to sell it and purchase a MY LR.

Keith

Upvote 0