Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade payment failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been trying to purchase the acceleration boost upgrade, but payment fails (almost instantly which sounds like not even trying).

I get the following pop up:

Payment failed
Your payment has been declined
Please try another payment method

I have my Mastercard CC set up and there is no issue processing my supercharger payments through it. I also have Applepay set up although it does use the same CC as payment method. Also tried on the online site. Same result.

Any ideas?

Been trying to purchase the acceleration boost upgrade, but payment fails (almost instantly which sounds like not even trying).

I get the following pop up:

Payment failed
Your payment has been declined
Please try another payment method

I have my Mastercard CC set up and there is no issue processing my supercharger payments through it. I also have Applepay set up although it does use the same CC as payment method. Also tried on the online site. Same result.

Any ideas?
It’s probably your CC company declining the charge. You may want to call them.

My FSD purchase was initially flagged with a fraud warning.

Reactions: NISFAN
There will probably be a transaction limit, which is why smaller sums go through. You can probably call the CC company and when you tell them they will let it through.

This ^, especially if the payment method registered with the company (eg Tesla) is normally used for small payments then suddenly a larger one is attempted. A discussion with the payment card company will sort and they will likely offer to mark the card as valid for future larger limit purchases with the company (in this case Tesla).

Reactions: NISFAN