TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Upgrade price change for 60D to 75D?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by MXWing, Aug 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Wondering if the prices changed with respect to today's price drop for the X.

2. outie

outie Active Member

No, at least not for me.

3. gabeincal

gabeincal Enjoying Napa life the electric way

It likely will - same happened to the S back a couple months ago. They slashed the price difference, then they slashed the upgrade price! Wait for it :)

4. outie

outie Active Member

Should we expect it to drop to $1,500?

5. HadoukenZR

HadoukenZR Member

For the 100D I was planning to custom order some time later this year looks like Tesla just bumped up the price yet again by another $1500. Now 6 seat option is $6K instead of $4.5K for the same exact car as before. Seriously Tesla. wtf.

Before the 6 seat config ($3K) and 6 seat config w/ center console ($4.5K) was $1.5K delta. Then they combined both options to $4500 so essentially just increasing 6 seat config by $1.5K with no added value but only to streamline their supply chain process. Soon after they made the HW/SW changes that increased 0-60 performance so at least I was able to swallow that increase.

But now another $1.5K increase for the same exact car as yesterday. Not even to streamline any options it seems but just a price increase for the heck of it?

Sigh. As much as I am looking forward to getting a MX actions like this a big deterrent.

6. outie

outie Active Member

They also dropped the base price of the car by 3k actually.

7. HadoukenZR

HadoukenZR Member

Is that $3K base price drop only for 75D? Doesnt seem like there was any drop on 100D

8. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

all P100D's now have any interior or trim included in the cost! :D

9. tonni83

tonni83 Member

Sigh, I was looking for 100D with 6 seat, but the price just keeps going up.

10. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Are you comparing two *identical builds*? More options are standard now.

• Like x 1
  11. Peteybabes

what's the exact dollar difference? $1500 right? if it was a 75D it would be $1500 less!

must be pushing the "new 75D" pack because they're actually 85KW and likely an upgrade will come soon...just a thought?

12. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

Were those US deliveries?

Since when do you think they started doing this?

13. tonni83

tonni83 Member

$1500. The base price of 100D didn't change, but the 6 seat is up $1500. For 75D since the base dropped $3000, plus the 6 seat there is still a drop of $1500.

14. Peteybabes

i don't know for sure, but it wouldn't make good business sense to build different size battery packs for different countries...

15. HadoukenZR

HadoukenZR Member

I called Tesla and the rep confirmed. The 6 seat config price increased $1500 (from 4500 to 6000) compared to yesterday. No new changes or bundles or anything different than if you ordered the MX yesterday.

Damn you Tesla. W t f.

16. HadoukenZR

HadoukenZR Member

$20K cost difference between 75D and 100D now.

Main differences:
    0-60 : 4.9s vs 4.7s
    Range : 237 vs 295 (58 miles)
    Top speed : 130mph vs 150mph

The 75D is looking like a much better option now despite my original intent to get 100D.

• Like x 1
  17. Peteybabes

I recommend the 75D if this is the case...the differences aren't significant enough honestly...

18. HadoukenZR

HadoukenZR Member

Agreed. With tax (depending on where you live), we're looking at a $22K cost increase for minimal differences with range being the only significant decision factor.

19. Peteybabes

even then, the superchargers are spaced close enough that it won't matter what battery you have...yes, it's possible in some cases (mostly MS100D not MX100D) where you can skip a supercharger but i think with the ranges this high now, it's a no brainer to save $20k+

just be sure you get the 20" wheels...then you will get the same range as me with my 22's... :)

20. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

If you intend to do any towing at all. You will NEED the 100D.

• Like x 2