Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade price change for 60D to 75D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the 100D I was planning to custom order some time later this year looks like Tesla just bumped up the price yet again by another $1500. Now 6 seat option is $6K instead of $4.5K for the same exact car as before. Seriously Tesla. wtf.

Before the 6 seat config ($3K) and 6 seat config w/ center console ($4.5K) was $1.5K delta. Then they combined both options to $4500 so essentially just increasing 6 seat config by $1.5K with no added value but only to streamline their supply chain process. Soon after they made the HW/SW changes that increased 0-60 performance so at least I was able to swallow that increase.

But now another $1.5K increase for the same exact car as yesterday. Not even to streamline any options it seems but just a price increase for the heck of it?

Sigh. As much as I am looking forward to getting a MX actions like this a big deterrent.

For the 100D I was planning to custom order some time later this year looks like Tesla just bumped up the price yet again by another $1500. Now 6 seat option is $6K instead of $4.5K for the same exact car as before. Seriously Tesla. wtf.

Before the 6 seat config ($3K) and 6 seat config w/ center console ($4.5K) was $1.5K delta. Then they combined both options to $4500 so essentially just increasing 6 seat config by $1.5K with no added value but only to streamline their supply chain process. Soon after they made the HW/SW changes that increased 0-60 performance so at least I was able to swallow that increase.

But now another $1.5K increase for the same exact car as yesterday. Not even to streamline any options it seems but just a price increase for the heck of it?

Sigh. As much as I am looking forward to getting a MX actions like this a big deterrent.
They also dropped the base price of the car by 3k actually.

what's the exact dollar difference? $1500 right? if it was a 75D it would be $1500 less!

must be pushing the "new 75D" pack because they're actually 85KW and likely an upgrade will come soon...just a thought?
$1500. The base price of 100D didn't change, but the 6 seat is up $1500. For 75D since the base dropped $3000, plus the 6 seat there is still a drop of $1500.

Agreed. With tax (depending on where you live), we're looking at a $22K cost increase for minimal differences with range being the only significant decision factor.
even then, the superchargers are spaced close enough that it won't matter what battery you have...yes, it's possible in some cases (mostly MS100D not MX100D) where you can skip a supercharger but i think with the ranges this high now, it's a no brainer to save $20k+

just be sure you get the 20" wheels...then you will get the same range as me with my 22's... :)