Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade price change for 60D to 75D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good point, the range is the 'theoretical' range... add in mountains, cold, towing, full supercharger... :D I've got the same issue, spend the $20K or not. Weird they jacked up only the 6-seats combos. Wonder if they are trying to get rid of the original config (monoposts).

It's poor financial advice but emotionally I'd like to get the biggest battery I can that is tied to unlimited supercharging. :D

The "premier" Tesla for comfort and wow factor for 6 passengers is the 6 seat monopost design. Probably the most expensive to build so if they can direct you to the 5/7 it would mean more margins.

Ah, that is the dilemma. No towing planned but I was set on picking up a White MX with 22" Black Onyx wheels. Tesla 22" wheels are notoriously heavy but to me still look the best despite lighter 22" aftermarket wheel options (some lighter than even the 20" wheels).

I think a fair estimation for daily 75D range would be about 190 miles considering daily charge to 90% and ~10% mileage loss with the 22" wheels. Versus ~240 mile range for 100D.

Ah, that is the dilemma. No towing planned but I was set on picking up a White MX with 22" Black Onyx wheels. Tesla 22" wheels are notoriously heavy but to me still look the best despite lighter 22" aftermarket wheel options (some lighter than even the 20" wheels).

I think a fair estimation for daily 75D range would be about 190 miles considering daily charge to 90% and ~10% mileage loss with the 22" wheels. Versus ~240 mile range for 100D.
For the 100D I was planning to custom order some time later this year looks like Tesla just bumped up the price yet again by another $1500. Now 6 seat option is $6K instead of $4.5K for the same exact car as before. Seriously Tesla. wtf.

Before the 6 seat config ($3K) and 6 seat config w/ center console ($4.5K) was $1.5K delta. Then they combined both options to $4500 so essentially just increasing 6 seat config by $1.5K with no added value but only to streamline their supply chain process. Soon after they made the HW/SW changes that increased 0-60 performance so at least I was able to swallow that increase.

But now another $1.5K increase for the same exact car as yesterday. Not even to streamline any options it seems but just a price increase for the heck of it?

Sigh. As much as I am looking forward to getting a MX actions like this a big deterrent.

I m pretty much on the same boat as you. I was planning to custom order later this year for a 100D, and I really want the 6 seat option. But now with the increase on the 6 seat option, I feel really annoyed moving with that direction.
So I pulled the trigger today and ordered a new inventory 100D which has only 80 miles on it but has $2900 discount, plus the 6 seat option on it is still $3000. And it's local so no delivery cost. The config is exactly what I am looking for :)

I m pretty much on the same boat as you. I was planning to custom order later this year for a 100D, and I really want the 6 seat option. But now with the increase on the 6 seat option, I feel really annoyed moving with that direction.
So I pulled the trigger today and ordered a new inventory 100D which has only 80 miles on it but has $2900 discount, plus the 6 seat option on it is still $3000. And it's local so no delivery cost. The config is exactly what I am looking for :)

Congrats, I'm glad it worked out for you.

I may have done the same as you but I don't really have a NEED for the X right now and would rather wait till Dec to pull the trigger and receive a 2018. I know manufacturer year doesn't really matter but from now till Dec and receiving a 2018 makes more sense in getting whatever future improvements they'll make and I guess resale value down the road.

Here's to hoping Tesla will discount the 100D back down.

We test drove yesterday and all I have to say is wow.
I was leaning 100d in my builds all the way until now. Yesterday's was a 75d and really has everything we could really want out of the car.

Expanding of the charger network and one that's supposed to go right here in Seattle has me leaning 75d , saving 22k counting tax and just lliving with the outcome for 5+ years.

It's hard to optimize Tesla deals because you never know what is added OR taken away.

I thought I got one of the "better" deals because I got a X60D with AP2. I ended up upgrading the battery to 75D for 4500 later.

A new 75D today is cheaper than what I paid for with more options standard and faster.

Strategically if I am shopping a Model X today I believe that the best discounts are going to come from inventory models this quarter. Tesla has incentives to move the most amount of S and X this quarter than any other quarter due to being ramping up the Model 3 and fighting off canibilization.

I'd go for the 6 seat monopost x100 - biggest battery with free unlimited supercharging.

Reactions: Cowby and dragonxt
Range wise, 60D is more than enough for my daily drive. The only thing that will make me upgrade to 75D is if Tesla releases the firmware to increase the performance on only 75D.
Same here. The added range doesn't bring much benefit to our usage. For the longer trips, if we can't make it with the 60 then we can't make it with the 75 either.

Congrats, I'm glad it worked out for you.

I may have done the same as you but I don't really have a NEED for the X right now and would rather wait till Dec to pull the trigger and receive a 2018. I know manufacturer year doesn't really matter but from now till Dec and receiving a 2018 makes more sense in getting whatever future improvements they'll make and I guess resale value down the road.

Here's to hoping Tesla will discount the 100D back down.

I m not in a hurry either. I think 100d could be lower in the future, but won't be as much as the inventory discount plus the old 6 seat price are saving me.
Also I know a lot of people are waiting around the end of the year to catch the federal tax credit. I don't want to enter that rush either.
Anyways the later you buy Tesla, the more you can get. I think we all know that :)

We test drove yesterday and all I have to say is wow.
I was leaning 100d in my builds all the way until now. Yesterday's was a 75d and really has everything we could really want out of the car.

Expanding of the charger network and one that's supposed to go right here in Seattle has me leaning 75d , saving 22k counting tax and just lliving with the outcome for 5+ years.

I m also in Seattle. I think 75D works most of the time. It may create some inconvenience on road trip but there can be workaround. I went with 100D because I wanted the extra range on road trip, plus I don't know how busy the sc will become once model 3 is everywhere.

Another bonus is that 100D comes with high amp charger and 75D no longer has it.

I
I m also in Seattle. I think 75D works most of the time. It may create some inconvenience on road trip but there can be workaround. I went with 100D because I wanted the extra range on road trip, plus I don't know how busy the sc will become once model 3 is everywhere.

Another bonus is that 100D comes with high amp charger and 75D no longer has it.

I don't find the high amperage dual chargers much use because usually, the chargers are not high amperage.

I

I don't find the high amperage dual chargers much use because usually, the chargers are not high amperage.
+1 it came with my car and the only time i know i've benefited from it was when it was plugged in at the Tesla service center that happended to have a high amperage charger installed...

i didn't bother paying extra for the charger and spent about $125 in parts and a saturday running wire for my set-up.

Now on to if I am going to pull the trigger and pay for most of it doing rideshare.
We have Lux and other higher tiers here in Seattle on Lyft. The last 2 years on just XL and regular I have been able to make $1.50 per mile after the rideshare cut. Best month $4k .... average $2-2.5k on the lower tiers very part time 2-3 days a week.

If with the Tesla I can hit $2 mile this includes all miles driven totaled at nights end (dead miles we call em) and drive 1200 to 1500 miles a month using it would others think that's worth the depreciation hit to the car? I would keep it off drunk hours and use my other vehicle for that. Another factor is Also enjoy the higher tier customers and service. I live in the city.

Since the car will be over 50% business use I can utilize tax benefits also , wife's commuter for other half...My math says yes....
I even thought of maybe doing a fun follow as I go and pay this thing off using rideshare and post it somewhere and how the car performs .

Wife just on her own for her car would be in the market for a car in the $70k+ range alone ... I figure what the heck.

I m not in a hurry either. I think 100d could be lower in the future, but won't be as much as the inventory discount plus the old 6 seat price are saving me.
Also I know a lot of people are waiting around the end of the year to catch the federal tax credit. I don't want to enter that rush either.
Anyways the later you buy Tesla, the more you can get. I think we all know that :)
Just don't wait too long. My grandfather lost his licence before he pulled the trigger and now it's too late. Don't waste your youth waiting...:cool: