Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade S85 to P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quit complaining. You let your politicians do that to you. If you don't like it then fix it, or move.

I was nearly pointing out that the high sales tax makes car trade ins an impractical way to upgrade.

BTW, I did NOT let the politicians do that to me. Unfortunately, my vote was not enough to keep sales tax low.

Moving is not an option as my job, home and family are here.

off topic but since you are from Canada.....someone asked me tonight if they bought my car if they could take it back to Canada?

Yes, but some modifications would be required. Daytime running lights have to be turned on at all times (firmware setting). Key fob system may have to be upgraded to meet the more rigorous immobilizer standards used here. Seat belt release buttons have to be red coloured. The various labels and stickers have to be bilingual English/French (not absolutely sure if they force importers to do that, but is definitely required for new cars). Best to check with Tesla to see whether they're willing to help with that.

Yes, but some modifications would be required. Daytime running lights have to be turned on at all times (firmware setting). Key fob system may have to be upgraded to meet the more rigorous immobilizer standards used here. Seat belt release buttons have to be red coloured. The various labels and stickers have to be bilingual English/French (not absolutely sure if they force importers to do that, but is definitely required for new cars). Best to check with Tesla to see whether they're willing to help with that.

Yep all those things are on the car already and I did tell her to call Tesla. Thanks for the info.

I recently asked my Service Center if my S85 can have the new P85 drive unit retrofitted. They said no.

I eventually looked into just trading my car in for a P85, came close a few times but then in the end decided I'm happy as is. :-D

Hello I work with tesla salvage cars in Europe... I just installed P motor on my workshop today... Original was S85... I have question to those who program tesla cars... DO you have any list of configuration for tesla models? We have to find right one to code engine to the system...