Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade to 200A - Charging Solution in the Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I am a recent purchaser of a Model S P85+ and currently waiting for delivery. I had a quick question - did anyone that had a 100A in the house upgrade to 200A because they purchased the HPWC? Especially if they added the twin chargers to the package (which recently was split into 2 packages - before it was bundled)?

Like to know your thoughts? As I am contemplating doing the upgrade to future-proof my home.

Thanks,
e4

When I got my Roadster I was kinda shocked to discover that my fairly new house had a 100A panel. Panel size was not listed in the specs when it was built, so I totally missed that. I did the panel upgrade and it wasn't cheap! Ottawa Hydro charges a kilobuck just to disconnect and reconnect the meter

My home has a 200amp panel, but was fairly full with enough room for just the Nema 14-50 so I elected to go with that which was $800.00 to install. I then had my HPWC installed at my office where I have better access to power. Having the 14-50 at home is plenty as it will charge at roughly 40km/hr plus. My HPWC at the office, even after a trip down from the cottage has me full by noon. If I had to do it again, personally I would have just installed the 14-50's.