Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade to a 2021 performance from a 2022 long range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have to guage some opinions ok this as I am about to potentially go through with this and may regret it.

I have a 2022 long-range M3. It is a 2022 vin but unfortunately does not have ryzen/wiper/lit 12. It is white on black.

I can potentially get into a 2021 red/white performance model 3 for 8k plus tax (canadian funds ). I was going to buy the acceleration boost for my long range anyway, which is 3k canadian. The difference of 5k nets red color, white interior and all other performance upgrades.

Any reason not to do this? Do all performamce m3 have heated wheel/seats as long as it has thr matrix led/new style intrior?

Only you can answer that one. Check out the other current thread about someone who has a P on order wondering if they should consider LR, lots of good opinions in there.

That's what they all are though, personal opinions as each situation and set of priorities is different.

Really the biggest thing the P has the LR can't get or be modded to have is track mode as the acceleration boost makes these functionally both quite quick for normal use. Do you need or want track mode for a specific reason? Is it worth the price delta and an older model year car?

If you didn't get the Ryzen chip and other '22 stuff I think your '22 is the same as a '21 but depends on when the '21 was made I suppose. I haven't tracked when the last updates fully came through on 3s.

If you really want a P I'd explore what your car is worth to sell outright and then just buy a new P. Difference between the two new is 8k...

Alright ! I did it !

I think I made out ok! Keep in mind these are all CANADIAN funds.

the difference between a LR and P in CANADA is $10k, then $2600 for red paint, $1300 for white interior for a total of $13,900 more plus 13% tax.

I had a "new" 2022 Long range white with black interior. Even though it was a 2022 it did NOT have the RYZEN, new 12V and heated wipers. It was EXACTLY the same as the 2021.

after my trade in I paid 8000+HST to get into the Performance

its Red, white interior with 6000km. It was an august build ( my LR was December ) and if anything has more features such as a DATA usb front port with all games.

When you factor in I was going to buy the Acceleration boost for 3000 Canadian, the upgrade was $5000 and that gives me an even faster M3, Red paint, white interior, 20" turbines, Brembo, lowered suspension ( new 2022 dont ) and track mode.

do I need all of this? no but for the cost it was a no brainer.

Alright ! I did it !

I think I made out ok! Keep in mind these are all CANADIAN funds.

the difference between a LR and P in CANADA is $10k, then $2600 for red paint, $1300 for white interior for a total of $13,900 more plus 13% tax.

I had a "new" 2022 Long range white with black interior. Even though it was a 2022 it did NOT have the RYZEN, new 12V and heated wipers. It was EXACTLY the same as the 2021.

after my trade in I paid 8000+HST to get into the Performance

its Red, white interior with 6000km. It was an august build ( my LR was December ) and if anything has more features such as a DATA usb front port with all games.

When you factor in I was going to buy the Acceleration boost for 3000 Canadian, the upgrade was $5000 and that gives me an even faster M3, Red paint, white interior, 20" turbines, Brembo, lowered suspension ( new 2022 dont ) and track mode.

do I need all of this? no but for the cost it was a no brainer.

You probably need to change your user name, 👍

Yeah, OP's user name is all jacked up. Seems they should have changed it a few trades ago.

2021 P's had a number of updates at the refresh date (82kWh, heat pump, black trim, gray console, power trunk, PWS, laminated front glass, etc.)
By March 2021 they had heated steering wheels and matrix headlights
By May 2021 they removed radar and passenger lumbar but added interior trim to the front doors

AFAIK pre-Ryzen 2022 builds are identical to May 2021 builds. So as bizarre as this thread is, it sounds like the OP got a pretty good deal.