Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade to Enhanced AutoPilot before Sept 30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see you can upgrade to what I'm calling Level 2 for $4,000. But Tesla's email states it has to be done before Sept 30. Will this Enhanced AutoPilot not be available after 9/30 or will the price just go up?

(Level 1 = Default Autopilot, Level 2 = Enhanced Autopilot, Level 3 = FSD)

I see you can upgrade to what I'm calling Level 2 for $4,000. But Tesla's email states it has to be done before Sept 30. Will this Enhanced AutoPilot not be available after 9/30 or will the price just go up?

(Level 1 = Default Autopilot, Level 2 = Enhanced Autopilot, Level 3 = FSD)

This is going to be confusing if you have your own system of levels.

There is already established system. Level 1 has been around in decades. Current FSD and autopilot are level 2. True FSD will be level 3 and above if it ever gets here. For now it's just fancy level 2.

fivelevelsvehicleautomation_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I'm just not sure about EAP. I kinda want it, but I love driving. Basic AP seems okay for highway driving. Summon and smart summon are appealing to me, mostly to park in a tight garage, escape a tight space if I get hemmed in, etc. I generally park way far from other people but you never know, someone could block me in to 'make a point' as anti-Tesla or anti-EV drivers sometimes do.

Then again, I'm also interesting in FSD, not for its current capability but for what's to come (and yes smart summon now). I'm doing a house refi and will get a little money back. Is it worth sinking it in to FSD now? I'm a bit torn on that one.

Still in the app in Canada. My email didn't actually say it won't be available after Sept 30th if you read the wording. I can see how some people would read it like that though, and I'm sure that was intentional. If it's had consistent takeup since it was added I could see EAP being a permanent thing.

upload_2020-10-1_9-29-53.png