Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade to FSD $4,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I bought my car in April 2019. It came with what I thought was a trial of FSD that I thought would expire but after a year never did. I checked my my order agreement and says just Autopilot.

For the longest time I did not have the upgrade option on my app (I am on the newest version of the app) so when I upgraded to the rear heated seats I had to do that through the website.

Well, just now the upgrade option popped up on my app. I decided to check and there is an FSD upgrade for $4,000 on there. In the past I would look on the website and it was $7,000.

I decided to check my account and it confirms an upgrade for $4,000 and tells me that my car has Enhanced Autopilot (EAP). From all that I have read that was discontinued prior to the SR+ coming out so not sure how this is possible.

Does anyone think this is a mistake? What happens if I purchase the $4,000 upgrade get the HW3 and then through some audit Tesla is like...wait you owe us an additional $3,000?

What say the group?

if you do have EAP, why would you pay $4000 more for FSD which will give you almost nothing extra at this point?

Because he did not actually buy EAP so that's likely to go away in a future software audit.

But if he can leverage the mistake today to grab FSD for 4k, that's a fantastic deal. He'd effectively be buying EAP for $4000 (when it used to be $5000) AND getting HW3 and future features thrown in free.

Because he did not actually buy EAP so that's likely to go away in a future software audit.

But if he can leverage the mistake today to grab FSD for 4k, that's a fantastic deal. He'd effectively be buying EAP for $4000 (when it used to be $5000) AND getting HW3 and future features thrown in free.

So, worst that can happen is they audit when I purchase and realize they shouldn't have given me EAP functions and take that away right and I am stuck with just the AP that was supposed to come with car?

Best case is I get HW3 and FSD when it is available for at least $3k less?

Reactions: Burrito
Don't really want to lose what I have now but HW3 for 4k will future proof car.

I was always wondering if they would offer just the HW3 upgrade. No FSD.

Two points:

1) Elon is threatening to increase FSD price again in a few months, so consider grabbing the $4K price before it goes to (say) $5K

2) I expect, once Tesla have finished all their HW3 upgrades to FSD customers, they'll come up with a price to simply upgrade HW2.5 -> HW3. No guarantees, and it'll be in the ballpark (IHMO) of $2K if it happens.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
Sticker inside says 4/19. I thought no SR or SR + had that available. EAP discontinued when it was released in mid March.

I also didn't pay for EAP.

I purchased in late March 2019. I bought AP for $3,000 (the car was a 12/18 build, so the invoice price didn’t include AP in the base price as it does now) and $5,000 for FSD. By the time I placed my order in early March 2019, EAP was no longer an option.

So, $4,000 for FSD seems like a good deal, especially considering the after-sale add-on price now and expected in the future.

• Disagree
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I purchased in late March 2019. I bought AP for $3,000 (the car was a 12/18 build, so the invoice price didn’t include AP in the base price as it does now) and $5,000 for FSD. By the time I placed my order in early March 2019, EAP was no longer an option.

So, $4,000 for FSD seems like a good deal, especially considering the after-sale add-on price now and expected in the future.

Yeah. I bought my 3P+ on May 2, 2019 (standard AP included) and FSD was $5k at that point which I also purchased. Price keeps creeping up on FSD.