Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade to FSD cost after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took delivery 6 days ago and my Wife didn't realize that traditional AP couldn't summon or do lane changes at all. She really likes that feature of our Model 3 and of our Previous X with EAP so asked if we could upgrade to FSD. I told her we could, but I might have to call and sweet talk someone to see if we can still get the $6k price and not pay the $8k "after the fact" pricing. I logged on to Tesla and sure enough it was only $6k so I pulled the trigger right then and there, and within 30 minutes the car already had FSD enabled.

Anyways, I checked the website and I also no longer see anything about the price being $8k after delivery. Does anyone know if they got rid of the price differential for pre- and post- delivery FSD add on? Not that it really matters to me anymore I suppose, just curious.

So I took delivery 6 days ago and my Wife didn't realize that traditional AP couldn't summon or do lane changes at all. She really likes that feature of our Model 3 and of our Previous X with EAP so asked if we could upgrade to FSD. I told her we could, but I might have to call and sweet talk someone to see if we can still get the $6k price and not pay the $8k "after the fact" pricing. I logged on to Tesla and sure enough it was only $6k so I pulled the trigger right then and there, and within 30 minutes the car already had FSD enabled.

Anyways, I checked the website and I also no longer see anything about the price being $8k after delivery. Does anyone know if they got rid of the price differential for pre- and post- delivery FSD add on? Not that it really matters to me anymore I suppose, just curious.
Yes, Tesla has changed FSD option price($6,000 for pre or post vehicle delivery) in the middle of May 2019.

I paid for FSD from the beginning, it didn't show up on the car and after two phone calls they're saying they are working on it and wait 72 hours. Yet somehow they can enable yours in 30 minutes. :(