Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade to Gen 3 Wall Connector firmware?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I woke Wednesday morning to a notice that my 2021 Model 3 LR AWD did not charge over night. The message on the display said that the wall connector needed service.

I connected to the wall connector hotspot and found a new question that wasn't there before - should the wall connector be allowed to charge non tesla vehicles? After answering this question and re-answering the size of my circuit breaker (60A), I was able to charge again.

The odd thing is that the lights have now changed. When previously only the top green LED was lit when not charging, now all of the LEDs are lit. Also, when charging, it pulses down like before, but the LEDs all stay lit.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

My tesla home charger was installed on its own 220 circuit in my garage. It worked perfectly the first few months but now it stops charging so frequently that I can't get more than 10 miles or so at a time. It charges completely at a supercharger. Any guesses where to start to fix this issue?

My tesla home charger was installed on its own 220 circuit in my garage. It worked perfectly the first few months but now it stops charging so frequently that I can't get more than 10 miles or so at a time. It charges completely at a supercharger. Any guesses where to start to fix this issue?

Contacting tesla support and likely having them send you another one, would be my guess.

Any guesses where to start to fix this issue?
Yes, Tesla will send you a new one, assuming its under warranty. Most likely its a no-electrician replacement and they might not even send you a base plate.

They did update the firmware of the charger a while back to make the overheating ones be a LOT more tolerant of overheating. Instead of cutting the power by 50 or 100%, they ramp it back more slowly and will even turn it back up a bit if they see stuff cooling off.