Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade to Premium Connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stupid question:

Can you upgrade the SR+ to Premium Connectivity? I want Spotify, web browser and satellite images on maps.

I know LR & P get them for a year and then it's an unknown amount (£100ish) a year. But can SR+ drivers upgrade from day 1?

You still need your own personal spotify and netflix subscriptions. But right now the connectivity is free on sr+, so you can use them over the cars network.

They've enabled all that, don't know why they can't just show the traffic on the maps too, until they introduce the subscription.

Last edited:
UI options are very basic. Off top of my head, if offers avoid tolls and ferries and then rerouting if delays more than x minutes, default 5 mins. Even setting volume seems very coarse. I'm probably setting nav volume wrong (its the single female voice), but our slider is very far to left end of the scale.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowpring
How does it compare to using Google Maps on Apple CarPlay in a car that has it? I had a courtesy car recently that had CarPlay, and when I used Google Maps it had somewhat basic functionality compared to using it on the phone directly (you coldn't actually tap to change route, moving around the map was somewhat restricted etc). Sounds like in the Tesla it's kinda the same.

UI options are very basic. Off top of my head, if offers avoid tolls and ferries and then rerouting if delays more than x minutes, default 5 mins. Even setting volume seems very coarse. I'm probably setting nav volume wrong (its the single female voice), but our slider is very far to left end of the scale.
If Sally SatNav is speaking to you, I think you can use the left scroll wheel to adjust her volume. Much easier than tiddling around with the screen and potentially kerbing your wheels :D

Never used CarPlay etc. But Tesla is not Google maps, but their data might be for visualised traffic info (but not necessarily the same for routing info). I guess Tesla have written the sat nav from scrach and what it does so it seems to do quite well, but it is very limited in what it can do. Biggest shortfall is that it cannot do way points and pays lip service to return trips, although I believe that it can interject with a supercharger stop if required.

If Sally SatNav is speaking to you, I think you can use the left scroll wheel to adjust her volume. Much easier than tiddling around with the screen and potentially kerbing your wheels :D

Actually we think we found a bug/weird use case with that yesterday. We normally use left scroll to do radio volume, but yesterday left scroll became totally unresponsive. So it wasn't able to do either sat nav or radio volume. Not really sure what was going on as I was a passenger and get a telling off if I start fiddling with the controls too much!

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.