Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade to Premium Connectivity?

thepopos

Aug 25, 2019
UK
Stupid question:

Can you upgrade the SR+ to Premium Connectivity? I want Spotify, web browser and satellite images on maps.

I know LR & P get them for a year and then it's an unknown amount (£100ish) a year. But can SR+ drivers upgrade from day 1?

MacPaul

Sep 28, 2019
Aberdeen
Correct...no traffic visuals but traffic is taken into account when planning a route...

And yes I have Spotify/netflix etc

Does the SR+ update automatically enroute taking traffic in to consideration? (eg the traffic has built up ahead - here’s a new route)

Epico

Aug 8, 2019
Hampshire
Does the SR+ update automatically enroute taking traffic in to consideration? (eg the traffic has built up ahead - here’s a new route)
Yup...you can set how much of a difference the change you will accept...so only change when the difference is more than 5 minutes for example

Reactions: Roy W.
May 21, 2019
Northern Ireland
You still need your own personal spotify and netflix subscriptions. But right now the connectivity is free on sr+, so you can use them over the cars network.

They've enabled all that, don't know why they can't just show the traffic on the maps too, until they introduce the subscription.

Last edited:

Cowpring

Aug 14, 2019
London, UK
Yup...you can set how much of a difference the change you will accept...so only change when the difference is more than 5 minutes for example
Does it offer you options like when using Google Maps? Or just automatically reroute you if there's a faster route due to traffic?

VanillaAir_UK

Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
UI options are very basic. Off top of my head, if offers avoid tolls and ferries and then rerouting if delays more than x minutes, default 5 mins. Even setting volume seems very coarse. I'm probably setting nav volume wrong (its the single female voice), but our slider is very far to left end of the scale.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowpring

Cowpring

Aug 14, 2019
London, UK
How does it compare to using Google Maps on Apple CarPlay in a car that has it? I had a courtesy car recently that had CarPlay, and when I used Google Maps it had somewhat basic functionality compared to using it on the phone directly (you coldn't actually tap to change route, moving around the map was somewhat restricted etc). Sounds like in the Tesla it's kinda the same.

Roy W.

Battery running low...
Jun 3, 2019
Derby, UK
UI options are very basic. Off top of my head, if offers avoid tolls and ferries and then rerouting if delays more than x minutes, default 5 mins. Even setting volume seems very coarse. I'm probably setting nav volume wrong (its the single female voice), but our slider is very far to left end of the scale.
If Sally SatNav is speaking to you, I think you can use the left scroll wheel to adjust her volume. Much easier than tiddling around with the screen and potentially kerbing your wheels :D

VanillaAir_UK

Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
Never used CarPlay etc. But Tesla is not Google maps, but their data might be for visualised traffic info (but not necessarily the same for routing info). I guess Tesla have written the sat nav from scrach and what it does so it seems to do quite well, but it is very limited in what it can do. Biggest shortfall is that it cannot do way points and pays lip service to return trips, although I believe that it can interject with a supercharger stop if required.

VanillaAir_UK

Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
If Sally SatNav is speaking to you, I think you can use the left scroll wheel to adjust her volume. Much easier than tiddling around with the screen and potentially kerbing your wheels :D

Actually we think we found a bug/weird use case with that yesterday. We normally use left scroll to do radio volume, but yesterday left scroll became totally unresponsive. So it wasn't able to do either sat nav or radio volume. Not really sure what was going on as I was a passenger and get a telling off if I start fiddling with the controls too much!

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC