Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade trouble

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the x 60D and was told by the seller, the test driver, and the guy that took my money for the upgrade that I'll go from my current 210 miles to 265+. I paid the $4,800.00 and all I got was 21 more miles. I was told I could get a refund but I wanted the miles, not the money. I was also told I could upgrad to the 90D, but that truned out ot be false. Now Tesla is asking me to trickle chare my car on 120 volts and decrease the amps to 6. Tesla tried it last week and got nothing more than I got, but still told me to go home and try this. Has anyone out there had a same experence? I pretty damm mad right now about all the false information.

I can't make out what you're saying. You went to a 60D? If so from what? Or did you go from a 60D? If so, to what? Are you thinking that you can go from a 60D to a 90D with a software upgrade, as if there's an extra 30kWh sitting around in the pack unused? Yes, they're sometimes software capped, but never that extreme.

Did you honestly buy a car without looking up the EPA range?

Last edited:
They lied to you. You were apparently sold one of the "software limited" 60Ds that was actually a 75D with a software limit on the battery.

The thing is, the 75D never got anywhere near 265 miles even on a 100% charge. It was rated for 237 miles when new so your 231 miles are about what you'd expect if the car has been in service for a while.

Even the X 90D only gets 257 miles at 100% and someone told you that you might expect even more than that by upgrading to 75?

Nobody could have been telling you the truth about that upgrade. The reason Tesla is having you go through the trickle charge experiments is because the 231 miles you are apparently getting are not quite up to the brand new rating of 237 - they're trying to help you get another 6 if they can, but it is likely hopeless unless you got the car with very low miles. If you told them you are expecting to get 265 they should have told you there was no way without trading in on a bigger battery, you'd have to get the 100D to get over 257 in a Model X.

• Informative
Reactions: Rossy