Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Upgrade your Model S/X at 057 Tech - More range, more power!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upgrades.jpg

Upgrade Your Tesla | 057 Technology

I try not to do many "Vendor" posts, but I don't know if I even ever did one for this service we've had for a while. Pretty sure I've just mentioned it a few other places.

Battery upgrades, motor upgrades, charger upgrades, AP1 retrofits, etc.

Posting now as we recently added official support for RWD 100 kWh upgrades to our lineup. 100 kWh packs are pretty much the only ones that haven't had supercharging speeds nerfed in older cars. As a bonus, upgrades don't affect free lifetime supercharging status! ;)

Check out the link above, punch in the last 6 of your VIN. Get pricing right there, pay for and schedule the upgrade (on or after the estimated date shown for the chosen options), and we'll help arrange transport for your car and make it happen!

Automated system only supports VINs up to 2018-ish, so if yours is newer just contact us (link at top of 057tech pages) with your VIN and trim (P85, 70, P90D, etc) and we'll add it to our system so you can get pricing and such. That said, this is currently mostly beneficial to the older S/X vehicles anyway.

Thanks!

@wk057 I'm pretty sure you've answered this somewhere but I just want to make sure… after the 100 upgrade will still get normal OTA updates from Tesla, and if I take my car to the service center for anything they will have no reason to suspect I've had any mods done to the battery or computer.

@wk057 I'm pretty sure you've answered this somewhere but I just want to make sure… after the 100 upgrade will still get normal OTA updates from Tesla, and if I take my car to the service center for anything they will have no reason to suspect I've had any mods done to the battery or computer.
Unless we explicitly specify otherwise, we only do upgrades to what would be considered "standard configurations", as in, the battery would be 100% OEM equipment and everything works as expected after the upgrade. Updates, supercharging, service, etc.

I'll make no claims as to what Tesla will "suspect" or anything on their end, as they change their policies by the moment on all sorts of things. However, we've never had a customer have any issue getting service done on a vehicle we've done a battery upgrade or replacement on, my own vehicles included. They will obviously not honor any remaining battery warranty, but that's it.

What if I wait until my current battery dies? How much more money would it cost, without a good battery in the car?
Depends on what's wrong with the pack. Could be +$2,500, could be +$15,000. No way to know without diagnostics and inspection first.

With no battery at all, I'd probably just decline to do it (although the official terms state +$20,000 in that case...).

Alternatively, if you have an active 057 Battery Extended Service Plan, and the failure of the original pack is covered, then the upgrade pricing stands normally as if your pack hadn't failed if you upgrade at the time of service.

We generally recommend upgrading before a failure, since if you wait until it fails it's more of a hassle all around with transport and other logistics.

Reactions: jschimel
If I dropped a 100 into my S75 would I get any power improvements or am I limited by my single motor?
If it were a dual motor, I assume they’d just use the S100D torque and power settings, so you’d pickup 50kW but not any torque. Those folks might not notice the half second difference in 0-60 and an additional second reduction in the remaining quarter mile.

Your AP1 car is pre DU01 (pre Jun 2017)

I don’t know if you’d get the settings for the S85 coming from an S75. That would add 20kW but lose some torque. Would be cool if you could just add the max power.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg29
70 vs 60 will drop the prices a little, but not super significantly.

Shoot your VIN last 6 and that pack label shot to us (email on the contact page) and can update it in the system.

... or we can do it here I suppose! Updated.

So what the cost from 70 to 85?
The cost is different for every vehicle, as the work and parts required are different for every vehicle...
... this is why we have a webpage that quotes costs by VIN. ;)

I won't quote costs here, and I'd request others do the same so as not to confuse folks when they see different numbers for their own vehicles vs something someone posts for theirs. We also change pricing regularly to account for demand and/or availability.