Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgradeable to a 70?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, that car is upgradeable — to 75kWh! And yes, it's $2000. I recently did the 70-75 upgrade on my S; took barely any time or effort at all (thought that's just a $500 upgrade).

Also, that car is definitely Midnight Silver Metallic (same as mine).

Whoever has been driving it, has been doing launches in it like it’s a P100D and keeping the accelerator to the floor :D
2C3E5B3E-77FE-4695-B91B-0BC559CAE9C4.jpeg

Reactions: Country Roads
Can you even buy an extended warranty for a used Tesla from Tesla?

I'm in the process of buying a CPO 2015 S85. It has 2 years of original warranty remaining.
It will have 4 years of CPO warranty when I get it.
Can I purchase an extended warranty for a CPO for the out years?

you get either the 2yr/max 100k or 4yr/50k miles from date of purchase if you buy from tesla, no more warranty can be bought beyond this.

the only way to buy the 2/4yr extended warranty would be if you bought it from a private seller.

Can you have the original owner buy the extended warranty before the transaction?
(I'm already doing CPO so this doesn't apply to me but ...)

as long as the car stayed private owner, meaning it never went back to tesla or went to a dealership, next private(2nd/3rd/etc) owner can buy the warranty. you dont need the original owner to buy it

Thanks. So this chops dealer-sold Teslas out of extended warranty coverage. Ok, I get that.
But what I don't understand is Tesla's excluding CPO cars from purchasing extended warranty coverage.
Yes, we get the standard 4 year (or 2 depending). But why would they exclude us and then include private sales?
What's their business case for this?

Thanks. So this chops dealer-sold Teslas out of extended warranty coverage. Ok, I get that.
But what I don't understand is Tesla's excluding CPO cars from purchasing extended warranty coverage.
Yes, we get the standard 4 year (or 2 depending). But why would they exclude us and then include private sales?
What's their business case for this?

it kind of makes sense and to clarify, you dont get the standard 4year, you get 4years/50k miles from the date/mileage you purchase the car.

some of my personal thoughts why tesla does this. from a business stand point, you dont want to be liable for the car for too long.

i guess they want to keep the warranty mileage MAX around 100k and under 8 years.(that is the most you can have excluding some cars before the new 2yr was introduced might have warranties above 100k miles)

the CPO warranty is actually pretty nice/same as if you were buying the car new. they probably dont give you extended because of what i said above.