Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded 60 to 75 and....nothing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i upgraded my model S 60 to the 75 for the $2,000 price this morning at 9:00 am.

It is now 5:00 pm and my car is still a 60.

MY Tesla shows its a 75 and my bank account was also billed.

I called Tesla customer service and no joke...this is what i was told..

Customer service agent " go to controls. Now tap Settings. Now tap units and format. Now change rated miles to ideal. Okay sir do you now have more miles on your car?"

WOW! I explained to her again what i was calling about and that im not just complaining that my car doesnt have the mileage it should.

Long story long...how long did it take you all? All ive read is that it takes 5 minutes. The email confirmation i got says "it may take up to one hour"

• Funny
Reactions: SageBrush
Took my car 1 minute and I was in the middle of rural nowhere. I wasn't even sure my car had LTE but after I hit "buy" I went out to the car and it was DEAD (no doorhandle response even with double click of fob to unlock). After 3-4 minutes of booting, the car was a 75. Sorry to hear Tesla service is super clueless. It was totally misleading too (drivers relying on "ideal" miles will be ill served).

I made the mistake of upgrading whilst on an ocean-going car ferry, and the car in the hold did not have internet access.
Didn't reach land for about 8 hours, by which time some polling system had given up searching for the car.